User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broken Norcold Refrigerator Fan

Just getting ready to leave for Wyoming and found one of the cooling fans had broken loose and was lying at the bottom of the back of the fridge compartment. Anyone else seen this? I'd take it in but just as soon fix it myself to save time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5169.jpg   IMG_5172.jpg  
    2019 Ford F250SD FX4
    2020 Reflection MKS320

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just happened to my 385GK purchased in January 2020. Fan in bottom right corner. Right upper fan frame in place.

My opening had 2/3 covered with an aluminum baffle which made getting to the fan wires VERY difficult. Removal of refrigerator would have been the best way to fix, but ....

“Norcold fan about $50. 120mm fan under $15

Would have had it fixed by dealer, but had a trip scheduled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cut the metal out and unscrewed the broken fan housing and like you said, the wires were a pain. There was a little slack in the bottom that i was able to pull up to get the wires out enough to disconnect them. I called the service dept at the dealership where I bought my rig and while they didn't have any fans in stock, they did have a refrigerator sitting in their shop that had the same fans (it had been pulled out of a Solitude because the owner said it wasn't cooling even though it was brand new). I dropped by and they pulled one off, tested it and I had it on my rig in no time. They didn't charge me a dime.
    Last edited by kingbird; 08-15-2020 at 09:59 PM.
    2019 Ford F250SD FX4
    2020 Reflection MKS320

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D2EC66A3-EDCA-4DA8-89E9-40D2FBD3A368.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	30315

Norcold must have a bad bunch of fans. We just arrived 1200 miles from home to our winter destination and found the same thing. Turns out both upper fans failed. They look like they got really hot and came apart.

Our rig is under warranty and GD has said we can submit a repair estimate. I have tried tried to reach out to norcold. But just getting crickets. This is a really expensive fridge that is way over priced given the very poor quality of the finished product. To say we are disappointed with the fridge would be a huge understatement.