User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Dual Pane Windows

We are full-timing and contemplating purchasing a Solitude. We are currently in a Keystone Cougar travel trailer. We do spend time in colder winter and warmer summer destinations and had considered the option of dual pane windows in the Solitude, however, the model we are considering is "dealer stock only" and we cannot locate one with dual pane windows. Can anybody comment on differences noted with dual pane windows when it comes to temperature regulation, condensation, and noise reduction?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman View Post
    We are full-timing and contemplating purchasing a Solitude. We are currently in a Keystone Cougar travel trailer. We do spend time in colder winter and warmer summer destinations and had considered the option of dual pane windows in the Solitude, however, the model we are considering is "dealer stock only" and we cannot locate one with dual pane windows. Can anybody comment on differences noted with dual pane windows when it comes to temperature regulation, condensation, and noise reduction?
    I've had dual pane Windows in a previous trailer. I wasn't happy with them. My husband and I have a 2017 300Gk, we've been very happy with how our 5th wheel has performed in colder places. It's been such an improvement over our Old Montana. We haven't found any cold air leaks in our Solitude. After dark I pull the shades, they do a surprisingly good job keeping the heat in. We were on the East Coast with Summer heat and humidity. The awning did a good of keeping the sun out. We love having two A/C's to deal with the humidity when it got up to 94%.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of threads already going on this subject...might want to do a search.

If ordering I would get them if you're in both cold temps in winter and hot temps in summer.....especially if you're full timing. A whole lot different than weekenders. I don't have them in my current trailer but had them in my previous Arctic Fox....big difference!
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do not have a Solitude, but a Reflection, with dual panes. Our camping takes us from 0 degrees F to 100 degrees F, with the typical associated wind chills and humidity. We experience no condensation on the windows, period, and (we like to think) it helps with the colder temps. When we were looking at purchasing, we were fortunate to go into a few Grand Designs on a dealer lot next to an interstate; all but one had single panes. I recall thinking, with the noise how will I ever sleep? But then we entered the unit with dual panes; there was definitely a reduction in noise. It helped with our decision. We ordered and would do so again. One thing, the windows are heavier to open, and all of them slide open (no pop outs or wind outs, which some folks prefer because they can leave open a window in the rain). Also, like JCZhome wrote above, whether you're fulltiming or part-timing is a factor; part-timing in decent weather, the panes are not so much an issue; fulltiming (as we do), in crazy temps, we consider them essential. Good luck!
    E and J, on the road, counting stars and looking for America
    2017 Reflection 303rls
    2010 F250 SD Lariat FX4 Off Road 6.4L TurboDiesel CC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by counting stars View Post
    We do not have a Solitude, but a Reflection, with dual panes. Our camping takes us from 0 degrees F to 100 degrees F, with the typical associated wind chills and humidity. We experience no condensation on the windows, period, and (we like to think) it helps with the colder temps. When we were looking at purchasing, we were fortunate to go into a few Grand Designs on a dealer lot next to an interstate; all but one had single panes. I recall thinking, with the noise how will I ever sleep? But then we entered the unit with dual panes; there was definitely a reduction in noise. It helped with our decision. We ordered and would do so again. One thing, the windows are heavier to open, and all of them slide open (no pop outs or wind outs, which some folks prefer because they can leave open a window in the rain). Also, like JCZhome wrote above, whether you're fulltiming or part-timing is a factor; part-timing in decent weather, the panes are not so much an issue; fulltiming (as we do), in crazy temps, we consider them essential. Good luck!
    Re: "One thing, the windows are heavier to open, and all of them slide open (no pop outs or wind outs, which some folks prefer because they can leave open a window in the rain)."

We have a 2018 Solitude 377 that has both pop out and wind out dual pane windows. We love them for both noise reduction and temperature control.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brianjohncook View Post
    Re: "One thing, the windows are heavier to open, and all of them slide open (no pop outs or wind outs, which some folks prefer because they can leave open a window in the rain)."

We have a 2018 Solitude 377 that has both pop out and wind out dual pane windows. We love them for both noise reduction and temperature control.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    That's fantastic. Sure wish we had at least a couple pop out and/or wind out windows on our Reflection. Something for the Grand Design-ers to consider!
    E and J, on the road, counting stars and looking for America
    2017 Reflection 303rls
    2010 F250 SD Lariat FX4 Off Road 6.4L TurboDiesel CC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is a duplicate thread so I'm closing this one.

Steve