Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    When traveling to Canada are the electrical hookups the same as the US or do you need to do something different in order to plug into shore power?
    Electrical connections in Canadian parks are identical to those in US parks. But, you should be prepared to find far fewer 50A services. 30A is common.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hookups are the same as in the U.S. We travel in both canada and the U.S. and have found no differences ,either water nor electricial.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPaw View Post
    We are also planning to make this trip this summer so appreciate all the information being shared! One question I have is do we need to reserve campsites in advance or can we expect to always find campsites available?
    If you are staying in a Canadian National Park, you can reserve sites ahead of time. Registration for the year opened on 22-Jan. The sites with electric seem to book fast so if you want to stay in a National Park, best you book now.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I would post a follow up. We did visit this area this past summer. Previous posters have hit all the high lights so I can only add a few things and reiterate a couple of things that have been said. Highly recommend the Alexander Graham Bell Museum in Baddeck, and the Maritime Museum in Halifax. Also Halifax has an extensive Farmers market and a wonderful downtown boardwalk to stroll the harbor. We stayed at the Woodhaven RV park for a week outside of Halifax and used it as a base to visit many of the places previous posters have covered. We stayed at the Murray Beach Provincial Park in New Brunswick and used it as a base to explore Prince Edward Island. Only stayed here a few days but it was one of the prettiest parks we visited, grassy sights and beautiful beach view. Reiterate what a previous poster said, don't take your RV on the Cabot Trail. We stayed just off at Joyful Journey, do not recommend it. Owner had several dogs that barked constantly and she would not silence them. After 9 weeks on the road and 21 different campgrounds my wife and I agreed this was the only campground we would never go back to. We entered Canada north of Detroit and traveled all the way across to Quebec before heading south to Nova Scotia. Exited Canada into the US northeast of Bar Harbor, Maine. Fuel was more expensive in Canada (if you did all the computations about $1 more for gallon for gas) but with the strong $ campsites and most other things were the same or less. Our last Canadian campground was Kiwanis Oceanfront camping in St Andrews, New Brunswick and it was my favorite for the whole trip. Campsite backed up to the ocean and a short walk into town for shopping, restaurants, and a very productive whale watching trip. And at the camp office you could order lobster cooked, cracked, and delivered to your door for $12!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12