Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Imagine 2800BH, New to Rving

Bought our first RV in December, it a 2018 Imagine 2800 BH. Same day we got it, we took a National Lampoon's Vacation 10 hr one way, week long trip over Christmas with friends to a RV Park outside of Big Bend National Park. It was my first time towing anything and yikes - taking it into the mountains was an experience. Everything went well for the most part. It was a little much, with 4 adults (2 college age), 4 dogs (2 big, 1 avg, 1 small), and a parrot. We had a pull through site, and thought we had it close to level, but didn't. Other than that, everything went well. Not sure on the way back home if we turned off the battery because indoor lights would not work nor the lights on the refrig to tell us it was working when we pulled over even though it was connected to the tow vehicle by 7 way plug (I'll pose that ? on main forum). Added a 4inch memory foam topper to the queen mattress, and it was still hard as a rock, also added more memory foam to the BH and kids said it slept fine. When we got home, had to figure out how to winterize it as the south was expecting a several day freeze. We blew out the lines, emptied the water heater, and put antifreeze in the pee traps, hopefully that was enough. It also took us a little over an hour to back it into our off-site storage facility, that was a little defeating.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on getting home in one piece. Our dealer sets customers up in 3 different camp resorts close by in order for the owners to get used to putting up and taking down a campsite. And they want any unknown problems to happen while close to them.

I too made the mistake of taking kids and grandkids on our first camping weekend. My wife and I were talking and having a good ole time--until I impaled a slide with a storage unit roof turning a corner. Collisions are very common for new owners.

As soon as possible, I suggest going out for some short weekend trips in order to get completely familiar with your trailer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on surviving the maiden voyage with everyone alive and your marriage intact. <G>

Only one hour to back it in to your space the first time is not that bad. (Didn't hit anything, did you?)

Just a thought - are you sure the RV is charging from the TV? Some Fords and perhaps others require an additional relay to put power on the 7 pin plug. Check the RV battery with and without the engine running. You should see a higher voltage - about 14.0 - on the battery terminals if it is charging.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Fellow Imagine owners. We bought our 2800BH last August and have only 2 runs under our belt. Went from a Jayco to GD for its construction. The disappointment with this trailer centers around the HVAC system. The location of the unit is under the sink and corner cabinet in the kitchen, the thermostat is located in the bedroom. When the A/C is on, the bathroom is like an ice box. The bedroom is still very warm. The only way to help balance this issue is to leave the bathroom door open. Not cool!

When the heater is going, the bunk house area is on the colder side. The only vent in the living area is below the TV with just a 2” hose feeding it. Unfortunately the least amount of airflow for the biggest part of the living area. The other main living area vent is coming out of the kitchen cabinet facing the dining area. It has a 4” hose feeding that vent. The folding shelf blocks the vent partically as well limiting its output.

The intake vent is located in the bedroom as well. Is it just me or does this seem to be not quite how a system should be laid out?

Any suggestions to help remedy this would be appreciated as we are traveling to the desert in a month.

Thanks, Dpboofay

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the vent on the ceiling in the main area has an ac dump