Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sellis1053 View Post
    I was one who disagreed with the $10.00 fee and I'm not offended by your comment. My point, and it's been stated before by others, is since other forums are free (without ads) why can't this one be?

I'm sure we're all curious. How do you propose to make this forum free without ads? Someone has to pay the bills and surely you don't expect Chris to assume all the costs and work that goes into creating this forum. He is an owner just like the rest of us. Can explain how other forums provide free service to owners? Who pays their bills?

Kathy
    Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    I'm curious.....what forums would those be? Or better yet, what is the quality of those forums and the information gleaned from those other forums?

It all costs $$ for a forum like this and to maintain it, aside from all the hours put in to it. Considering the quality of this forum and the information, I'm with the large majority here......it's well worth it to me.
    iRV2 and Forest River just to name a couple. Before purchasing our Grand Design we had a Keystone Cougar travel trailer. I found both to be very helpful. I've never seen a single ad on either site.
    Steve & Ann Ellis
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    irv2.com is full of ads. That's one of the reasons I quit using it many years ago. I was very active in the early 2000's on IRV2 and have AZ license plates IRV2 and IRVTOO to show for it.

I've never looked at the Forrest River site, but if it is sponsored by Forest River, they may provide the site as a service to their current and future customers.

I have a personal website that I started in 2001. It costs me about $150 / year and I use it primarily to share my RV mod experience with the community. I don't get any compensation for the work and expense, but operating a busy forum such as this would be a totally different level of expense and time.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klenger View Post
    irv2.com is full of ads. That's one of the reasons I quit using it many years ago. I was very active in the early 2000's on IRV2 and have AZ license plates IRV2 and IRVTOO to show for it.

I've never looked at the Forrest River site, but if it is sponsored by Forest River, they may provide the site as a service to their current and future customers.

I have a personal website that I started in 2001. It costs me about $150 / year and I use it primarily to share my RV mod experience with the community. I don't get any compensation for the work and expense, but operating a busy forum such as this would be a totally different level of expense and time.
    If you stopped using it "many years ago" how can you comment on it accurately? I still look at it several times a week and I don't see any ads. Maybe it was the browser you were using.
    Steve & Ann Ellis
    2018 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post

I'm sure we're all curious. How do you propose to make this forum free without ads? Someone has to pay the bills and surely you don't expect Chris to assume all the costs and work that goes into creating this forum. He is an owner just like the rest of us. Can explain how other forums provide free service to owners? Who pays their bills?

Kathy
    I'm not proposing anything. I was simply stating a fact.
    Steve & Ann Ellis
    2018 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently viewing irv2 as a member and it is chuck full of ads. I am not using an ad blocker..........yet.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    I am currently viewing irv2 as a member and it is chuck full of ads. I am not using an ad blocker..........yet.
    I'm actually viewing both iRV2 & Forest River Android apps - no ads.
    Steve & Ann Ellis
    2018 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 62 years old. Have been "camping" since I can remember. Have been using RVs since 1966. Even with all of my experiences I find new and important info here almost every day. @ $12 a year I find this forum the best bargain ever! Thank you Chris !!!! You have stepped up above and beyond what the average person would do for a bunch of strangers, even what most people would do for "friends" . I, for one, truly hope that you never become discouraged with this Herculean task you have undertaken. Personally, I would GLADLY pay double the price for the honor of belonging to a forum of such quality that gets feedback directly from the management of GDRV without being controlled by GDRV!
    This is the most civil forum I have visited. Thank you also to Jim and whatever other moderators we have here that keep us on track and under control. And to ALL of the contributors, a hearty thank you! I may not always agree with comments, but I do value the input.
    Disclaimer: the opinions expressed by me are not necessarily those of the owner, members, moderators, or anybody else!
    Thank You
    Robert Wells
    [IMG]epgsoft.com[/IMG]
    Robert & Julie Wells and the furry kids
    2018 Solitude 310 GK
    2002 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab 4X4 (modified Cummins)l 6 sp w/ Blue Ox Super Ride hitch ,Timbren levelers (retired 6/16/18)
    2017 Chevrolet 3500 HD Dually Crew Cab Mountain Edition ( commissioned 6/16/18) 60 gallon transfer tank, Blue Ox Super Ride, otherwise stock- for now
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    1985 Harley FXST
    1984 Peterbilt 359 400 Cummins 13spd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sellis1053 View Post
    I'm actually viewing both iRV2 & Forest River Android apps - no ads.

A while back Chris asked us to vote on whether or not we wanted the forum to be free and supported by advertising or paid for with a member's fee. The majority voted to have a user's fee. You still have the option to be a restricted member and not pay the fee.

If you are that unhappy with this forum's way of doing business I suggest you let your membership expire here and continue to view the iRV2 & Forest River forums that only you can view without ads or a fee.

Kathy
    Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Site Sponsor rbwells413 couldn’t of said things better about this forum. I also Thank You. Jim

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast