Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    One of the big reasons that I have stayed with a pay site is that it filters out the riff raff.
    Chris
    I must have snuck through
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree....$12 keeps the internet trolls at bay. Cheap at twice the price.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    In 2003 when I introduced a pay forum, guess what the price was...$12, $23, and $34. In 15 years, there have been 0 price increases.
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    I agree....$12 keeps the internet trolls at bay. Cheap at twice the price.
    I second that
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Steve & Ann - Just wondering if you had to pay for the Android apps that allow you access to advertising sponsored sites without seeing the ads?

Rob
    No, apps are free.
    Steve & Ann Ellis
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve
    Like everyone has said, these forums aren't free to run. Someone some where is paying the bill. I belong to the Sunline Owners forum and this is a free forum. It was started by a member that payed out of her own pocket. After finding out the cost she was paying, we as a group started collecting money at meet & greets to help her pay the bills. When she got to the point where she couldn't maintain the forum, it was taken over by a company that owns several forums. It is still free to use but guess what? IT IS FULL OF ADDS! So either someone pays out of their pocket, a manufacturer picks up the tab, or you use adds to pay the bill. There is no free ride.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2013 F350 Ultimate Lariat PSD/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll chime in since the majority speaking is only paid members. I feel as though it is a pay to play, rather than a forum for all to use. I used the forum more when I had site access. I just hate paying for access to a forum, no matter the cost. I would have posted a couple of “how to’s” but without the ability to post pics, it was useless. Same goes for non paid members viewing pics. Unable to edit a post, can’t click on my profile, etc.

According to the pole, only 44% agree with the paid site. It would be interesting to see the age range of paid members. I have a feeling it will be 50+. I feel though the site would hit more with the younger campers, -50 age range if we’re free. I think the best of both world, is having a free site with ads and a paid site with no ads. It’s a win win. Another option is just to have a donation button to the moderator. I would be more inclined to donate rather than pay a yearly fee. Donations always feel better. Last, why not have grand design pay for the cost and the moderator’s cost to run the site.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great forum for GD owners and the responses to questions come quick and professionally. It's true that there are a lot of forums out there that are free but many of them become unruly and more of a bitch fest than a useful tool. Chris and the team have done a wonderful job keeping our forum professional and very helpful, so if this means paying $10-20 dollars that's not a big ask. Lets remember that time is money and there's nothing wrong with compensation for their efforts. Over many years in the automotive industry I've found even a small vested interest will return quality contribution and pride in ownership.

Thanks Chris for you time and efforts, great job keep it up...
    Golden Retrievers Sienna, Keelee and Bodie
    2015 Solitude 375RE
    2000 Chevrolet Suburban LS 2WD
    2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD
    2016 GMC 3500HD Denali CC, Duramax, 4WD, DRW, B&W turnover ball/Andersen Ultimate "Aluminum", AirLift Airbags 5000 w/ Wireless Compressor

[/FONT]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTS in PA View Post
    Steve
    Like everyone has said, these forums aren't free to run. Someone some where is paying the bill. I belong to the Sunline Owners forum and this is a free forum. It was started by a member that payed out of her own pocket. After finding out the cost she was paying, we as a group started collecting money at meet & greets to help her pay the bills. When she got to the point where she couldn't maintain the forum, it was taken over by a company that owns several forums. It is still free to use but guess what? IT IS FULL OF ADDS! So either someone pays out of their pocket, a manufacturer picks up the tab, or you use adds to pay the bill. There is no free ride.
    Amen, you hit the nail on the head there is no free ride. Someone must pay and far too often people that want/expect something to be free have lost sight that there is a cost involved and someone else pays for that. In my business I provide an itemized bill and anything that is “free” has a $ amount attached to it with a 100% discount so that people can see the true “value” of things. Putting the true price on the invoice was a change made about 3-4 years ago and it was amazing the difference in perspective customers had.... Personally, without getting too far down the politics hole, that is one of our biggest issues we have presently everything our governments do and give away someone has to pay....
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just to weigh in on this, again... If I was primarily interested in making money on the forum, I would have done ads a long time ago. The thought has always been that putting tension in the system - ie charging a minimal fee for access - gave a higher caliber of answers due to the fact that the people who really wanted to participate were. That was a number of years ago. I do believe that there can be a balance. The Site Sponsors will notice a new forum category pop up soon. I am going to start a couple of discussions there, and I want your honest feedback. I will release it to the general public shortly. Not trying to hide anything from anyone, but there has to be a value for becoming a paid member, other than advertisements. I am willing to go down this path, but want to be sure that it doesn't turn into the "free for all" that it is feared it may become. We have that, somewhat, with the Facebook area. We're not perfect either, actually the General Discussion feels like that at times, and I am not fond of that.

Bottom line is that I agree. We should make it more open. Encourage participation, and provide a forum for the masses. At the same time, keep the level of great discussion and self control that has made us one of the more favorited forums on the internet. I will tell you that the response that we have received from the survey is incredibly impressive. To have over 20% participation is amazing. We're damn close to 30%! I do believe that we can achieve what we're looking to do, and make this the example for the rest of the forum community. Thank you all, so much.
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast