Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Sheesh! Kiss and tell Tom.
    And he’s baackkk! Where have you been Tom? We’ve missed you .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm another 'right lane lover.' I usually don't drive faster than 60 or so anyway (we generally follow the 2-2-2 system mentioned in another thread), so it's where I belong. But a couple more points in favor:

If I'm in the right lane, I only have to watch for overtaking traffic in my left mirror, unless there's an on-ramp.

If things get dicey, in the right lane I have somewhere to go (the emergency lane, or at least some kind of shoulder). In the center, potentially there's traffic on both sides.

My GPS will usually give me enough warning to move to the center if, for example, the road is going to diverge and I want the left fork.

Dave

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our last trip from NY to Tennessee the hanging out in the left lane was the worst I can remember. I have said to my wife " does not that person ever look in the rear view mirror?" As long as I'm in a complaining mood, Tennessee drivers typically do not use their turn signals. On busy streets with congested traffic it can be a real problem. Have to admit we were warned about it before we moved here. One more thing - cutting in just ahead of your front bumper on the interstate.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They would love you on the German autobahns. Get in the left pane and some 130 mph BMW will be all over you.

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    And he’s baackkk! Where have you been Tom? We’ve missed you .

Rob
    Thanks. Just been busier than a one arm paper hanger. The Ace Hardware Store owner has sent me to a few schools for STIHL, Kohler engines, and Kawasaki engines. I've lurked from time-to-time, but I thought it might be prudent to give the forum a rest from me. Hell......there's only so much folks can take of me. And *I* can only take so much of me!! ROTFL.....

Tom

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes - glad to see ya back in the right lane saddle again, Tom !!! Been catching up after being away from the forum for several days reading some of your other great posts, enjoying and appreciating them as always.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post. I try to stay in the right lane when I'm not going through Austin, San Antonio or another fairly large town. In Texas, drivers entering the interstate are driving around 30mph, pull onto the interstate and continue to drive 30 until they get to the next exit or finish texting or their phone call. Definitely don't understand the concept of the acceleration lane. When going through a large town, I'll stay in the middle lane where possible.

A few years ago, my sister was bringing her brand new class A home from Dallas, going through Austin I told her to move to the middle lane and keep a steady speed. Wouldn't you know it - guy pulling a small utility trailer that was fish-tailing all over the service road entered the interstate. Little trailer promptly started major fish-tailing and he crossed from the entrance ramp to the far left lane, hit the concrete wall and started back. We were able to stop before he came back across the interstate, just missed us. Did take out 3 vehicles and ended up back on the service road. If she had been in the right lane, he would have hit her first and it probably would have been worse for everyone involved. Now I kinda take a quick glance when I'm approaching an entrance ramp to see who's coming.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    I am continually amazed at the number of folks I see on the roadways that either are in the left hand lane not passing anyone or in the middle lane not passing anyone.
    Tom
    I had the dubious pleasure of having a 50 mile one way commute to work for over 15 years, yup, 100 miles a day. yup, rush hour. About 5 years into this I had a little talk with myself. Seemed I was pretty upset with bad drivers, seemed I was contemplating mounting 50 caliber machine guns like 007 had. But since that would have probably cut into my income stream I decided against it. Instead, I changed my perceptions and expectations, I think they call it an paradigm.

I just quit getting upset about it.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely agree with the theme of this thread. I drive for a living, it never ceases to amaze me how a lot of people just don’t know how to drive. Or care that anybody else is on the road with them. I have often said “if they would just make it legal to shoot stupid drivers, we would have a lot less traffic. “.
    Stay safe out there.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you never heard of the Tennessee turn signal? It's located right above our shoulders. We look where we are about to go. I did 62 miles each way from Tennessee city to the far side of Nashville by the airport. Good times.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast