User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shurflo water pump- shipped with water in it?

I just bought a Shurflo water pump and it has water in it. I am wondering if it was tested at the factory or used? Anyone else bought one with water in it?
    It would seem to be a bad practice to ship them with water in it as I bought this for a spare. If I had of stored it in the unheated RV it could possibly damage the pump when it froze

Thanks
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would send it back or call the company. I think it probably would have been returned from somebody that used it and maybe it does not work. I can not believe they would send a new one with water in it.

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe they test all at the factory. You could also check with them on their wed page https://www.pentair.com/en/applicati...-water/rv.html
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a Shurflow this spring, brand new. Yes, it had a little water in it, I assume from testing. It runs fine. You might ask,why need he need a pump for a 8 month old camper???
    Well, it turns out when I flushed the waste hose at the dump station, we were tilted enough that the pump had water. I neglected to turn the pump switch off (bad, bad move), so when we drove away and the trailer leveled out, the pump was now drawing on a near empty tank and couldn’t build pressure. It ran for the entire 3 hour trip home, I heard it running when parking it.
    It still pumped but pressure and flow were severely degraded. The OEM pump is not serviceable, no parts available.
    Yes, I double check that pump switch now.
    Keithb
    Upstate New York
    2018 Reflection 303RLS built 08/2017
    2016 GMC Sierra Crew Cab w/6.0 L gas
    Reese 16K Slider, SteadyFast System

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithb View Post
    I bought a Shurflow this spring, brand new. Yes, it had a little water in it, I assume from testing. It runs fine. You might ask,why need he need a pump for a 8 month old camper???
    Well, it turns out when I flushed the waste hose at the dump station, we were tilted enough that the pump had water. I neglected to turn the pump switch off (bad, bad move), so when we drove away and the trailer leveled out, the pump was now drawing on a near empty tank and couldn’t build pressure. It ran for the entire 3 hour trip home, I heard it running when parking it.
    It still pumped but pressure and flow were severely degraded. The OEM pump is not serviceable, no parts available.
    Yes, I double check that pump switch now.
    My pump is a spare for my RV which is in Colorado. If the pump fails its a 2 hour drive for another one. I believe in being safe than sorry. I did send Pentair a message and am waiting to see what they say.

Thanks
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717