User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2015 Chevy 3500 with 6.5' box. I have a 16k Reese manual sliding hitch with a 4000 lb vertical load limit. I pull a 2017 310GK with this setup and I can jack the trailer to 90 degrees without hitting the cab of my crew cab truck. I have never used the slider option of the hitch. I have it locked in the towing position at all times. It's a setup that works great for me.
    Tim
    Tim & Lynn
    Western NY
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2022 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6L Turbo Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    If they make a 19000 lb version, great. I remember when I was looking for the 303 it was a 16000 lb version. I know the Solitude's are a lot heavier then the Reflections so my comment was just a be sure... Personally I would never put a 5th wheel with a GVW of 15k-16K on a 16K kin pin. I like overhead...
    Ok ...thanks.....That make more sense. I don't know when they came out with the 19,000 lb unit but they do have one now. They are a great pinbox for a standard bed truck. Takes the worry out of it.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need To Hear From Experienced Towers with Short Beds.

We just bought a new 2017 Ram 3500 Mega Cab dually short bed, and the ISR Series SuperGlide 24K | Fifth Wheel Hitche by PullRite, is perfect, we only paid $75.00 for install and love our Pullrite. We went through the back window with our last truck and manual slider. We have 7” plus minimum clearance over side rails, & tail gate. It also lowered our new truck once we hooked up our new Solitude 384gk. We have ordered the firestone air bags with wireless remote and compressor to raise the bed back up about 2”. We were initially worried because the new ram trucks sit so high, but it ended up working out perfectly only once the solitudes weight was added. Not nose high ether. We will never go back to a manual slider. We also bought the protective cover for it so we won’t have to worry about water etc. The trifold tonneau cover also fits perfectly over our new hitch, it opens in the front and the rear, and has a lock at each. Every place we checked wanted $500.00 to install this hitch, but we found an RV repair shop in Northern California to install it for $75.00. It is way to heavy to install yourself, and we have no reason to take it out since we are full-timer’s. Good luck happy safe travels

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2014 F250 SB, Andersen Ultimate and 303RLS is just fine without a slider. No want or need for one.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull my 303RLS with a Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax which has a 6.5' bed. I installed a Pullrite Super Glide auto sliding hitch. It's mounted on their adapter rails so it's can be completely removed from the truck bed quickly. (The tuff part of removal/install is that it weighs 175 ibs.). It's a great setup for my truck and I couldn't be any happier with its performance and build quality. I would not be comfortable without a sliding hitch. http://www.pullrite.com/products/isr...-wheel-hitches
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 2500 HD
    2017 GD Reflection 303 RLS

Ride Rite AirBags (wireless)
    Pullrite Superglide 2700
    Rotoflex Pin Box
    Auburn, WA

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysunshinemyhappy View Post
    We went through the back window with our last truck and manual slider.
    I would presume that this means you didn't slide the slider? There are other descriptions on this and other forums of cab damage with the 6.5 ft box and the pin in a fixed position directly over the axle.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is exactly why I chose an autoslide hitch.
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 2500 HD
    2017 GD Reflection 303 RLS

Ride Rite AirBags (wireless)
    Pullrite Superglide 2700
    Rotoflex Pin Box
    Auburn, WA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    geonpay,
    If you ever want to remove your hitch by yourself, here's what I did.
    I too have a pullrite hitch. ISR 2700 auto slider. Weight of hitch is close to 200 lbs.
    So, I purchased a small hoist capable of 440 pounds. I made a hitch pin, and hook it to the hoist cable , back under the hoist - hook up the pin, and lift the hitch up/out.
    Pull my truck forward, and then set the hitch down on a 4 wheel dolly. Then I can move/push the hoist anywhere in the garage. Just a suggestion.
    I put a 1" tube steel, 1/8" thick across my garage rafters. It is about 66" long covering 4 rafters for the hoist mount.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do have the B&W Companion manual slider in our SB F-350. Rarely use the maneuver position but like the idea of having it available in the event I ever need it. There are many good options/hitches out there just do your research and go with what you are comfortable using. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 owned a 2017 F250 Short bed. Used a Pullrite 24k to two my 5'er. Fantastic because I never had to worry about my cab and RV coming together. Recently upgraded to a 2017 F350 so I could upgrade my camper which required a
    one ton truck. My mistake for buying the F20 before deciding on the new camper. Hitch is now for sale since I won't need it with the 8 foot bed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast