Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took the leap, Reflection 150 series 290BH

Hey there everyone.
    Took the leap or a plunge and got a new RV. I Never owned one or even rented one. Just stayed in buddies trailers over the years going on hunting or fishing trips.
    At the RV show I really like the Grand design. I was going back and forth on Imagine 2800 bh, the reflection and arctic wolf 265DBH.
    Dustin G. was more then willing to answer any question and spent many.... or more like countless trips with us going back and forth between few trailers.
    I really didn't want a big, heavy trailer, but with 3 kids I figure more space is better, and less complaining from the wife is a plus. the Reflection 150 series 290 BH was the answer.
    We live in Palm Spring and will be traveling around the west coast this summer. We plan on a 3 week trip this summer to get out the brutal heat.

I have a 15 Ram 2500 cummins short bed 4x4 all stock besides +1 taller and wider tire than stock. Just because I have a deice doesn't mean I wanted to max it out. I Wasn't sure how the truck would do with out the air bags/suspension but it levels out almost perfectly. I ended up getting the anderson ultimate hitch and its the best set up I could have got, since I need to take it off easily to use my bed during the work week. ( I am GC)
    I love the trailer so far besides couple of things that came up on the first trip, SO i hope they will be taken care of before the next trip.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrepdx View Post
    Hey there everyone.
    Took the leap or a plunge and got a new RV. I Never owned one or even rented one. Just stayed in buddies trailers over the years going on hunting or fishing trips.
    At the RV show I really like the Grand design. I was going back and forth on Imagine 2800 bh, the reflection and arctic wolf 265DBH.
    Dustin G. was more then willing to answer any question and spent many.... or more like countless trips with us going back and forth between few trailers.
    I really didn't want a big, heavy trailer, but with 3 kids I figure more space is better, and less complaining from the wife is a plus. the Reflection 150 series 290 BH was the answer.
    We live in Palm Spring and will be traveling around the west coast this summer. We plan on a 3 week trip this summer to get out the brutal heat.

I have a 15 Ram 2500 cummins short bed 4x4 all stock besides +1 taller and wider tire than stock. Just because I have a deice doesn't mean I wanted to max it out. I Wasn't sure how the truck would do with out the air bags/suspension but it levels out almost perfectly. I ended up getting the anderson ultimate hitch and its the best set up I could have got, since I need to take it off easily to use my bed during the work week. ( I am GC)
    I love the trailer so far besides couple of things that came up on the first trip, SO i hope they will be taken care of before the next trip.
    Congrats, you will love it...
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to our group!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice rig. Kids are gonna have some wonderful memories
    2018 2600rb
    2015 Ford F-250 crew cab 4x4
    Lyons, Oregon

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Andrepdx; 01-17-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^^Sweet!
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats on your new rig!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome fellow Coachella Valley people! We have a similar setup. 2017 Ram 2500, (no airbags needed zero sag, no bob) Reflection 230RL We just bought ours in November, will be taking our 4th trip later this month. I guess I need to do a rougher shake down no issues as of yet. We bought at Holland Rv Palm Desert, so I'm sure I will do a drive by to have them check it out. (Really great service there) I'm using the Pullrite ISR 16k with a Pullrite OEM frame adapter. Are you guys in Palm Springs? We always refer to where we live is Palm Springs area because when we say North Indio people don't know, unless you say you know Coachella Festival, Stage coach???

Welcome again, and happy travels!
    Patrick, Marilyn & Elvis the Yorki
    2018 Grand Design - Reflection 230RL
    2017 Ram 4x4 2500 68RE SB Puck/5th Prep:cool::cool:
    Pullrite ISR 5th 16k,
    Pullrite OE Series 25k Adapter Frame
    Utilizing Turning Point (love it so far)
    The Toys:
    71 Bronco
    03 YZ250
    06 Joyner Sand Spider

2016 Ram 4x4 1500 EcoDiesel - RETIRED
    1500 Towed fine, airbags kept it level, power was
    fine (3.92 gears) We wanted overkill on the towing capacity,
    and didn't want to put the yorki on a diet to keep in the #'s:rolleyes:

2017 Keystone Hideout 26LHS - RETIRED

What can I say 40 fantastic trips later we did a reboot!
    California

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patrick, Do you know if the warranty for grand design can be used at Holland RV? I bought mine through Mike Thompson and their cat. city doesn't do repairs. I really hate to take time off worthy and go to colton two different times.
    Yeah I am PS local. Oregon native.
    If you like your 5th wheel set up, thats cool, BUT the anderson is a sweet set up and only weighs 40lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man long story short. I don't want to trash MT's in a public forum, but they(their service) are the reason we went from Keystone to Grand Design rather abruptly. Holland RV only service's rigs they sell. (huge selling point for me) We bought our keystone from cat city mt's but had to go to colton for service. Wow what a nightmare. I'm using the hitch that Holland included in the deal (0$=free is for me) installed so I couldn't be picky, and since then I moved it to my new truck. I'm an I.T guy at DRMC so I don't have to use my bed for work. If you call Holland and convince them you will be a life long customer maybe even talk to chris, and let him know The Grand Design Allen's sent you ??? couldn't hurt to try. We had to pick our Reflection up in San Diego just to get around the MT turf boundaries. I can tell you more about our nightmare with mt's offline or private message. I will possibly switch a lighter hitch in the future. Is the anderson a goose neck ball type? Are you using your turning point or is yours a slider hitch??
    Patrick, Marilyn & Elvis the Yorki
    2018 Grand Design - Reflection 230RL
    2017 Ram 4x4 2500 68RE SB Puck/5th Prep:cool::cool:
    Pullrite ISR 5th 16k,
    Pullrite OE Series 25k Adapter Frame
    Utilizing Turning Point (love it so far)
    The Toys:
    71 Bronco
    03 YZ250
    06 Joyner Sand Spider

2016 Ram 4x4 1500 EcoDiesel - RETIRED
    1500 Towed fine, airbags kept it level, power was
    fine (3.92 gears) We wanted overkill on the towing capacity,
    and didn't want to put the yorki on a diet to keep in the #'s:rolleyes:

2017 Keystone Hideout 26LHS - RETIRED

What can I say 40 fantastic trips later we did a reboot!
    California

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast