User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh water fill near Lake Havasu

Any chance anyone has insider knowledge on a great place to fill your fresh water tank near Lake Havasu? I have browsed the internet and have heard a lot of the campgrounds in the area will let you but for a $10-$15 fee. I have also heard there is a WalMart in town that may have a hose in the back but not sure I want to rely on just that haha. We are planning on camping at the Craggy Wash BLM for 2 nights and since we are close to our weight limits would like a place in the Havasu area.
    There is a Love's truck stop north of the BLM but I can't find anyone who says they have fresh potable water for RVs.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The state park entrance fee is around $7 / day (no overnight camping for that fee) and you could probably fill up at the dump site. This might be the case where it is better to beg for forgiveness that ask for permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klenger View Post
    better to beg for forgiveness that ask for permission.
    Were you ever a Navy pilot? Sounds like our mantra! haha.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aerospace engineer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wstcoaster07 View Post
    Any chance anyone has insider knowledge on a great place to fill your fresh water tank near Lake Havasu? I have browsed the internet and have heard a lot of the campgrounds in the area will let you but for a $10-$15 fee. I have also heard there is a WalMart in town that may have a hose in the back but not sure I want to rely on just that haha. We are planning on camping at the Craggy Wash BLM for 2 nights and since we are close to our weight limits would like a place in the Havasu area.
    There is a Love's truck stop north of the BLM but I can't find anyone who says they have fresh potable water for RVs.
    Do a PM to Curtis (offtohavasu) as he is quite familiar with the area and has a RV spot at the south end of the lake as I recall. Tell him it is past time for him to buy his Momentum too!!! Here is his profile link: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...30-offtohavasu

Check Loves website or do a search on this "Loves Havasu" (or is it Loves Quartzsite you are wondering about ?) as there is a page for each Loves listing the amenities/features/etc. If not clear or not noted, just give em a call. We use this every once in a while.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're coming in off the 40, definitely check with Love's and the Pilot there. It would be the easiest route. I'm not sure Walmart offers this up, haven't really heard one way or another. If you want to venture in to town (which is past where you're boondocking) there's D-J's RV Resort, Havasu Falls RV Resort, Campbell Cove RV Resort, and there's Crazy Horse on the island. I really have heard of a lot of places offering this, mainly because there are so many RV parks in the area. Just try giving the places a call before you head that direction.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curtis,
    Thanks for the insights. I called loves and they said they didn't have an rv station, which is odd because Google maps street view shows an rv fuel island haha. Anyway, I'm going to try and just call campgrounds in the morning to see what they will charge if I just drive throught and not stay the night. I'm coming from the south so I'll pretty much drive by all of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone in the future looking for an answer to this question: Lake Havasu State Park and Crazy Horse Campground were the only 2 places I could find that offered a fresh water tank fill option. They both quoted me $15 over the phone. I called Love's, Pilot, DJ's, Havasu Falls and 2 or 3 others before accepting my $15 fate haha.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lake Havasu State Park is a nice RV part and worth a night or two stay. Lot's of nice dining in town.