User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandliving View Post
    This is the kind of recommendation i was looking for. I wonder if its possible to get a layout of wires and ductwork from GD?
    Adam - Many of us have asked . . . but GDRV maintains that their construction/HVAC/wiring drawings are confidential information that they do not share/publish. Wire routing in particular is something that seems to be at the discretion of the installer and ends up being different on each unit.

Something to factor into your plan is that the cabinet over the hutch (if we are talking about the same location directly opposite the entry door) does not go all the way to the ceiling.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Adam - Many of us have asked . . . but GDRV maintains that their construction/HVAC/wiring drawings are confidential information that they do not share/publish. Wire routing in particular is something that seems to be at the discretion of the installer and ends up being different on each unit.

Something to factor into your plan is that the cabinet over the hutch (if we are talking about the same location directly opposite the entry door) does not go all the way to the ceiling.

Rob

O so maybe it would be better in one of the floor cabinets?

Does anyone else have a "tech cabinet"? if so where is it? and how did you run to it?
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW
    Comfort Ride Hitch Model 184 and Reese Sidewinder

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could make the same thing out of a plastic waterproof electrical connection box and maybe look and see if a place like West Marine has some type of water proof connectors that you could attach to the box.
    John & Joan
    w/Dakota & Cooper
    Tidewater VA
    2016 303 RLS (#7608) Build 3/16
    Dodge 2004.5 S/B
    B & W Companion Slider Hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's exactly where I ran my wires in my 297RSTS. There is a chase between the studs that goes from floor to ceiling behind the hutch. This is where I believe all of the wires into the ceiling make their penetration. I ran my solar and SAT antenna cables through the roof at this point. At floor level, this is also the location where the wires make the floor penetration for points north and south. I did have to sacrifice one end of the upper hutch cabinet to gain access to the ceiling area, but I also used that section for the SAT antenna insertion power supply and control unit and power supply. I guess I need to take some pics of my mods so that I can better share this.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klenger View Post
    That's exactly where I ran my wires in my 297RSTS. There is a chase between the studs that goes from floor to ceiling behind the hutch. This is where I believe all of the wires into the ceiling make their penetration. I ran my solar and SAT antenna cables through the roof at this point. At floor level, this is also the location where the wires make the floor penetration for points north and south. I did have to sacrifice one end of the upper hutch cabinet to gain access to the ceiling area, but I also used that section for the SAT antenna insertion power supply and control unit and power supply. I guess I need to take some pics of my mods so that I can better share this.
    yes please. Pictures would be great!
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures of my 297RSTS wire runs behind the hutch on the way to the roof.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0686.jpg   IMG_0687.jpg   IMG_0689.jpg   IMG_0690.jpg   IMG_0691.jpg  

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures of my 297RSTS wire runs behind the hutch on the way to the roof.
    cool What did you use on the roof to waterproof the hole you made?
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the 4 wire cable gland that came with the Winegard SAT antenna. Worked great. I used two of the ports for the SAT (RG-6 coax and control cable) and two for 10 AWG solar. AZ Wind and Sun has a nice cable gland that I was going to get, but ended up not needing it.

https://www.solar-electric.com/solar...ble-gland.html

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I used the 4 wire cable gland that came with the Winegard SAT antenna. Worked great. I used two of the ports for the SAT (RG-6 coax and control cable) and two for 10 AWG solar. AZ Wind and Sun has a nice cable gland that I was going to get, but ended up not needing it.

https://www.solar-electric.com/solar...ble-gland.html
    Ken - Keep an eye on your cable gland. Mine has been on the roof of my 297 for a little over a year now. When I was doing an inspection last week, I noticed some discoloration and apparent UV damage. I spray painted it, but I'm guessing I'll have to change it out in the next year or two. I'm going to start searching for a metal replacement.

Jim

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is pretty much covered with roof sealant, but I'll watch it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast