Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Observation Camera on 303RLS

I have the Furrion Observation Camera on the way and I know the plug and play method. However, I also know the camera does not turn off unless it is wired into the lights of the RV at the rear. I have seen some instructions but I want to know for sure which wire to splice into over the rear couch. Anyone that has done this can you lead me to the way you know which wire is which. Pics would be great if available.

Thanks,
    Bryan
    Bryan
    2016 Reflection 303 RLS
    2007.5 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Duramax
    2014 Buick Enclave
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I removed the top center clearance light and the camera mount and fished the wires from the camera up behind the clearance light (all this from outside). I then wired the camera to the same wires as the clearance light using some automotive tap connectors. Use a VOM to be sure of the polarity. I then reinstalled the light and the camera resealing everything with new silicone.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I removed the top center clearance light and the camera mount and fished the wires from the camera up behind the clearance light (all this from outside). I then wired the camera to the same wires as the clearance light using some automotive tap connectors. Use a VOM to be sure of the polarity. I then reinstalled the light and the camera resealing everything with new silicone.

Rob
    X2. Did it the same way....
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips. When the camera arrives and I install it if something doesn't work right I will check back.
    Bryan
    2016 Reflection 303 RLS
    2014 Buick Enclave
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The instructions that came with my camera said GD is prewired to the running lights and backup. This is incorrect, at least on my new 2600RB. The prewire is into trailer lighting and stays on continuously unless the battery is turned off. I just installed it yesterday and didn't realize until checking now that the Furrion literature is wrong. I'll take the camera back down and wire to the running lights today.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdresser View Post
    The instructions that came with my camera said GD is prewired to the running lights and backup. This is incorrect, at least on my new 2600RB. The prewire is into trailer lighting and stays on continuously unless the battery is turned off. I just installed it yesterday and didn't realize until checking now that the Furrion literature is wrong. I'll take the camera back down and wire to the running lights today.
    I got my camera in and installed it yesterday by just plugging it in and making sure it works, which it does. I turned off the battery switch and will get back to wiring it to the running lights later this week. If you find a tip on getting the right wire to hook into let me know.
    Bryan
    2016 Reflection 303 RLS
    2014 Buick Enclave
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed one of these cameras on my 2600RB. Found the power wire was on the same fuse as the front bedroom lights. Separated these wires and landed the camera power on the next open terminal, and installed a 15amp fuse. Then using a 2 wire cable I cut the original cable spliced in the two 2 wires, one to each end of the cut wire. Pulled the 2 wire cable up from behind the fuse panel to the switch panel by the entry door and installed a switch. So I can turn it off when I using the camper and not tied to shore power.
    Dave & Debi
    2005 Chevy 2500 HD diesel
    2018 GD 2600RB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]