User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are waiting on a new fireplace too. The heat wouldn't work at all on ours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have been too quick to place fault with the Furrion brand. I actually fixed the problem with my heater today. I looked at the glass bezel/faceplate on the heater to see how I could remove it and get to the screws holding the unit in the opening. While inspecting the bezel it was obvious that it was not hanging correctly in the slots on the frame of the heater unit. The slot opening in the top of the bezel was impeding the sensors, hence causing the heater to cut off as if there was an object in front of the blower. I adjusted the bezel to hang correctly on the heater frame and tested it [on low and high fan settings] for about 20 minutes. It now appears to be working as designed.

Reason to remove the heater was to gain access to the area behind the heater to install a direct high quality coax connection for my DISH Wally receiver. I will post the direct SAT coax mod in the correct thread.
    David & Sandra
    Honey: 10 year old miniature dachshund
    2018 Reflection 337 RLS (Mfg date: 07/24/2017)
    2011 Chevy Silverado "LTZ" 3500 HD
    4x4 Crew Cab DRW 6.6L Duramax LML/Allison
    Payload sticker: 4875#
    Curt Q20 Hitch w/ R20 Slider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thermostat and proximity sensor. Press and hold the heat button to set thermostat high enough to stay on...trim the proximity sensor mesh too....
    PROBLEM SOLVED!
    woohoo

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmfw160 View Post
    Thermostat and proximity sensor. Press and hold the heat button to set thermostat high enough to stay on...trim the proximity sensor mesh too....
    PROBLEM SOLVED!
    woohoo
    We had bad proximity sensor and GD send another fireplace. If nothing comes to close to front of fireplace in slide closed position just disconnect wire connector from proximity sensor. You have to remove fireplace but it is very easy. Trim on front is either magnetic or slides up to remove, then just remove screws and unplug to remove fireplace. Furrion had problem with sensors, trimming mesh didn't work for me.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine failed on the first day. The dealer was aware of the problem and gave me a replacement to install myself. There were only 4 screws to remove. No more problems.

On a side note, the new fireplace was slightly wider than the original. I found that Grand Design had installed wood trim pieces on each side of the cabinet opening. I just pried off the trim pieces and the new fireplace fit perfectly.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keeping this thread alive. Just bought a 2018 Imagine and had the same sensor issue. I removed the back cover and disconnected the sensor wiring from the control board and everything works fine. Thanks for the direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RRtoRV View Post
    Keeping this thread alive. Just bought a 2018 Imagine and had the same sensor issue. I removed the back cover and disconnected the sensor wiring from the control board and everything works fine. Thanks for the direction.
    Read a post said 2 potential causes, 1st that sensor getting false readings or fan over heating. Solution to false readings, remove screen in front of sensors. I did that and mine started working fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12