Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RV Length

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Length

Question for the group...I am getting ready to order, and i need input. My current Toy Hauler is 39'. I would love more room, GD has two options with the same floor plan, one having larger garage. One is 39' and the other is 43' How many have run into campgrounds not being able to support the longer units? Most state parks limit to 36', at least in my area, but i don't use them much due to no or limited hookups.
    Randy and Jennifer Bowman - Maiden, NC
    2007 Keystone Raptor 3712-Current
    2019 Momentum 381M, getting ready to order soon!
    2007 Chevrolet 3500HD Classic, Flatbed Dually, Crew Cab 4x4, 6.6 Duramax/Allison Trans, Banks w/IQ, Banks Intake & Scoop, GM Performance Exhaust
    2013 Chevrolet 3500HD LTZ, Dually, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.6 Duramax/Allison, Banks Intake
    EEZTire TPMS
    Various Golf Carts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've stayed any number of places - both state/federal and commercial/private campgrounds, where the spaces weren't long enough for me to leave the truck parked (tucked up under) our 36 footer. That's coast-to-coast and from the gulf coast to northern Maine.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbowman61 View Post
    Question for the group...I am getting ready to order, and i need input. My current Toy Hauler is 39'. I would love more room, GD has two options with the same floor plan, one having larger garage. One is 39' and the other is 43' How many have run into campgrounds not being able to support the longer units? Most state parks limit to 36', at least in my area, but i don't use them much due to no or limited hookups.
    The larger you go the more selective you need to be. On the Right coast state park max out at 35' in many places so either way you are SOL. If you mainly look for full service sites then you probably are OK. We often camp at state parks and/or boondock so we stayed with the 303 instead of a 337 to fit in smaller spaces.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our unit is 41’ and we just stay at full hook up sites. We don’t do state parks - had enough trouble getting around state parks in our last unit a 33’ travel trailer.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to admit that passing the 40' mark gets to be a problem, not insurmountable, just a bit more difficult. Case in point, we are currently in Whistler, BC Canada. We gave the actual length of our RV during the reservation process. Out site is not long enough to accommodate the RV and the TV, problematic only because our TV impedes snow removal efforts. We park the TV in overflow parking when snow is forecast.

When we had our 24' TT never gave a second thought to site length. Our former 5th wheel was 39'6", our 376 is 41'. We manage, but there is greater effort in ensuring the 41' footer will fit than the 24'. In the last year we have had to leave only 1 site because we could not get in. For percentage sake call it 1 out of 40.

If you know ahead of time that you will predominantly visit a favorite site that cannot accommodate you RV choose otherwise. Otherwise just roll with the flow.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this information helpful when my wife and I were first trying to determine the "right" size for our future TT: http://www.camperreport.com/best-rv-...ational-parks/
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howson, thanks for the link! That is some great information.