Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jking46 View Post
    We are former Forest River owners, current GD owners. We are not FR bashers. Our FR product was perfect from day one and we had a very good dealer who helped with maintenance and upgrades. We bought our GD from the same dealer.

We are not fulltimers, only weekends and vacations for us. We don't put the daily wear and tear on a unit that fulltimers do. All things considered, our Imagine is the perfect camper for us. It's light enough I can pull it with a half ton but made better than anything I could tow without upgrading my tv.

We have camping friends with Keystone products. Their campers have really deteriorated in a couple seasons, not due to neglect or misuse. Glad we didn't buy one.

Not saying you can't get a good unit from another manufacturer but I think you have a better chance with GD.
    The entire RV industry is suffering from a quality control issue.Every manufacturer in Indiana is crying about lack of good help,and the end result is poorly built RV's on the road,but...there is no problem with the exorbitant prices they charge for poor quality control.I would add it is the dealer who is responsible for the final solution to the buyer,and many dealers are sorely lacking that expertise.At my age I am considering getting out of full timing and hunkering down in a small town near my favorite fishing holes after years of putting up with high prices and rip off dealers...good luck in your travels.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live about 2 hrs from many of the rv factories. We have toured FR twice, Keystone, Heartland, and GD. It's amazing to watch the process. The speed they work at....practically running. It's no surprise they miss stuff during assembly.

Insight.....the tech who did our pdi told me he would much rather pdi a GD than any other manufacturer. They are normally road ready when he gets them. Many fewer problems than others.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jking46 View Post
    Insight.....the tech who did our pdi told me he would much rather pdi a GD than any other manufacturer. They are normally road ready when he gets them. Many fewer problems than others.
    Yes, our local GDRV dealer (in business for over 60 years and selling numerous brands over that time) has shared many times with us that GDRVs arrive ready to sell other than the minimal cleaning/prep and and have had very little warranty/non-warranty work down the road.

In addition, when things do arise, working with GDRV corporate and other team members is the best out there in terms of speed/quality/ease/good relationships to do business with just as we owners (prospective owners) have encountered.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are on our third FR RV. The last one we bought in October 2017. We just put a deposit on our first GD and will be picking it up the 28th of April. I did a lot of research and when we went looking at the GD even before the PDI I couldn’t find anything wrong with he Unit. It was delivered in great shape.

I lost all respect to FR when they completely dropped the ball when parts were ordered from my local dealer and over two months later still not delivered, (which I have all the email corespondents between them and the dealer)I called the parts manager at FR and he said it was company policy that they couldn’t speak to me and I had to go through the dealer.

I’m hoping my experience is a great as what I’ve read from many people and GD is what it is portrayed to be.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123