Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic E4 Code on Front Air

We recently purchased a 2018 Reflection 337 RLS. Our front air is showing an E4 code. It will be real inconvenient to take it to Camper World right now. I Googled it and saw that it is common for the Dometic airs to show this code. Some of the suggestions like going up there and jiggling wires are not helpful. Very disappointing that it has been going on for years.

Any idea on the cause?

Thanks, Alan Chavers

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan, do you mean Camping World? I know GD is not fond of that place, will not let them sell GD products, and might not approve them for warranty repairs. Let us know more details so we can help!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You don't mention what model of Dometic AC you have. If it's a CA1000, Error code E4 states the following.

"
    Open circuit or out of range Outdoor Temperature Sensor (select models). Heat pump and dehumidification operation will be locked out. Air conditioner, furnace, heat strip and fan operation can continue to operate.
    "

If you are trying to run the heat pump in very cold environments, you may be exceeding the temperature it was designed for and it will lock out the heat pump. You'd have to rely on the furnace instead.

Please let us know the model and the operating conditions you're contending with and we'll try to pitch in and help. Also please let us know if it's a heat pump model.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been thru every bit of the paperwork in the owner's folder and didn't see anything for the AC models. I don't believe it's a HP and it's not that cold here in South Mississippi. How do I determine the model of the front AC unit?

I said Camper World because Dixie RV is joined at the hip with them in Hammond, La where we bought the unit.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most of us receive a build sheet with our units that includes our model and serial numbers.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found the build sheet. I was looking for brochures or manuals. The unit in question is a Dometic Low Profile 13.5 bedroom unit model 641915CXX1JO

Left The Driveway
    McNeill, Mis & Orlando (where all the kids and grandkids live)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't get any answers here but thought I would close it out anyway. The E4 continued to flash for weeks following this post although the unit still worked. We had an appointment to drop it off at Dixie RV to be repaired while we are in Fla visiting the kids but last week we took it to Jackson, MS where I had some work to do. Part of our route was MS State Hwy 49 and it was very rough. It shook all kinds of things loose, opened drawers, cabinet doors, etc.
    Anyway when we got home with the camper I noticed it wasn't flashing E4 anymore. It must have been some kind of ground issue, or plug not exactly secure, or something that got corrected by shaking the crap out of the trailer.