Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

momentum 376th left side weight

We have now had our 376th for about 7 months and have run about 3000 miles. I have not had each axel weighed yet on the list to get done, but I am concerned about the left side being so much heavier just based on how it was designed. Starting in the kitchen there is the refrigerator, stove, pantry (where we store our appliances and canned goods). We have a stacked washer dryer and then into the bed room the clothes closets are also on the left. This is also the side the black tank (always empty when on the road), hot water tank and the aux fuel tank is installed.

Has anyone had a weigh and showed indications of being heavier on the left side. After a blow out on the left rear tire we have been balancing out garages but the design seems to be left side heavy and a concern.

I have new Sailun tires that spec out higher than the Westlakes but still concerned.

Thanks

Breweraz

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I've had the individual wheels weighed on my 376TH and my truck. It is true that the street side is heavier and the front tires carry the most weight. The gentleman that did our weight told me that it's normal for the kitchen side of an RV to be the heaviest. I do what I can to load my heavy stuff (tools, etc.) on the curb side and I believe that I've done a pretty good job of that since I had the wheels weighed. I'd really like to have them weighed again, now that I've made these changes.

I upgraded to the Goodyear G614 tires as well as disc brakes before we left San Diego last year. We're currently in central Florida and have put about 6k miles on since we left. According to our TPMS, all the tires run pretty consistent.

This weigh sheet is as we go down the road.....empty holding tanks, full tank of fuel, two adults, two little dogs, cross bed tool box full of stuff, folding table and chairs in the bed of the truck around the 5th wheel hitch and a motorcycle that weighs nearly 900 lbs in the garage. Other heavy weight items....160w solar panel on the roof, A Dish satellite dish on the roof, a Splendide washer/dryer combo unit and a heavy Tempurpedic mattress on the bed.

NOTE: If you see the numbers in red.....at the time while each wheel and the hitch were all under the max. limits, my total GVWR was over weight by a bit over 1000 lbs. Since then, I've gotten ride of some things that I had duplicates of (air compressor, hand tools, EMS system, etc. etc.) so hopefully I'm under now......another reason I'd like to get the individual wheels weighed again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JCZ All wheels weigh ticket.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	11157
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your packet with all of the manuals for the trailer is a weight slip from Grand Design. It shows the weighs as the trailer left the plant.

Here are the factory weights from the vehicle weight sheet for our 2017 Momentum 376th.

Our unit has pretty much every factory option listed.

Including:
    Dual pane windows
    Slide awnings
    Generator
    3rd AC

DP Windows, AC & slide awnings added about 500 lbs to the weight compared to other units I looked at without them. Most of the units on the lots were right at 16000 lbs.

GVWR 20000
    GAWR 21000 (all axles)
    UVW 16552
    Hitch Weight 3712
    Left side weight 6734
    Right side weight 6106
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the information and location. We will get weighed as there is a place about an hour away but it just seems each time something comes up that gets in the way (no pun intended)

Thanks

Breweraz