User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I just bought a 303RLS and have planned a trip to Acadia this summer. We are going to Schoodic Woods campground which is right next to Acadia. It is a relatively new state park and has fantastic reviews. Close to the water and great hiking in the area. It is quiet and you don’t have all the noise and bustle of the tourist-laden area. We are excited. The lots were built with RVs in mind. Plenty of site room, pull through, etc... Get your reservation now though. We have ours. Here’s a link. Just google Schoodic Woods Campground.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used Camden Hills State Park in mid-September 2016. It was still busy on weekend so I would make a reservation if you are there on a weekend. We wanted a satellite site so were out in the sunshine. Nice sites in the trees if so desired. Short drive to the Lobster pound and town. We are planning another trip this fall and will stay a few days at Schoodic Woods campground in the Bar Harbor area.
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Schoodic Woods campground in the Schoodic part of the park is GORGEOUS, and can take any size rig. We live on Mount Desert Island, and Schoodic Woods will be one of our early shakedowns. Schoodic is on the next peninsula east of MDI.

Also on MDI, consider Hadley Point CG.
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ended up reserving a sport at blackwoods campground that is listed as 35' for 4 nights. Our 303 is 33' ish... I found a photo of that site with a class A OR C in it and there was still plenty of room. There were only 3 spots left for the time slot we wanted when we booked. Since this is our first time to Acadia it seemed that while popular, with the bus service it was the most convenient. I hope we made the right choice...
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldsp8 View Post
    We used Camden Hills State Park in mid-September 2016. It was still busy on weekend so I would make a reservation if you are there on a weekend. We wanted a satellite site so were out in the sunshine. Nice sites in the trees if so desired. Short drive to the Lobster pound and town. We are planning another trip this fall and will stay a few days at Schoodic Woods campground in the Bar Harbor area.
    We plan to camp there for 3 nights before going to Acadia. Reservations don't open till Monday morning the 5th at 9am...
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    We ended up reserving a sport at blackwoods campground that is listed as 35' for 4 nights. Our 303 is 33' ish... I found a photo of that site with a class A OR C in it and there was still plenty of room. There were only 3 spots left for the time slot we wanted when we booked. Since this is our first time to Acadia it seemed that while popular, with the bus service it was the most convenient. I hope we made the right choice...
    I think that you'll be happy at Blackwoods. The bus system can get you almost anywhere in the park, with transferring between lines in downtown Bar Harbor. It takes a little longer than if you were to drive places, but finding a parking place during the season can be very difficult, especially if you have a larger vehicle (TV). The bus system is especially convenient if you like to hike and want to do a traverse instead of a loop or in-and-out.
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    I think that you'll be happy at Blackwoods. The bus system can get you almost anywhere in the park, with transferring between lines in downtown Bar Harbor. It takes a little longer than if you were to drive places, but finding a parking place during the season can be very difficult, especially if you have a larger vehicle (TV). The bus system is especially convenient if you like to hike and want to do a traverse instead of a loop or in-and-out.
    Thanks. With the bus being direct to Bar harbor and that route running till 9ish it seemed convenient. Now to start researching our hikes and adventures...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We drove as far as the roads would go and ended up on Cape Breton Island at the ferry to Newfoundland. We never found the lobster shacks and Celtic musicians don't show up until July.

What we were looking for we found down in Maine. Our favorite place of all was specifically the town of Camden--with their harbor full of fall master sailing shipments schooners.

Look for a campground around Camden and you will be satisfied.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    We drove as far as the roads would go and ended up on Cape Breton Island at the ferry to Newfoundland. We never found the lobster shacks and Celtic musicians don't show up until July.

What we were looking for we found down in Maine. Our favorite place of all was specifically the town of Camden--with their harbor full of fall master sailing shipments schooners.

Look for a campground around Camden and you will be satisfied.
    Planning three nights at Camden hills state park before Acadia. Camden Hills has nice wooded electric/water sites from what I can tell from pictures. I much prefer state park type campgrounds over paved pull through parking lots of some private campgrounds. Can't book till Monday morning though... Maine opens their reservation system at 9am...

Jim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Mind if I ask which campground? I think there are three within the park.
    We stayed in Blackwoods and the new one at Schoodic Woods. While there, we also drove over to Seawall to check things out for future trips. You should be able to fit at each of the three.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12