User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FMCA to allow towables as members

We were at an RV show and ran across the FMCA booth with a sign we that stated "towables are now welcome" I really do not know much about this group other than they are 53 years old and were a club exclusively for motorhomes, no towables or 5th wheel allowed.

The line they use is discussing their new rules "it is not about the rig or equipment but the people."

I understand there was quite a lot of discussion and according to the group's charter the change required a vote of the members and it passed thus adding towables to the group. They have some nice programs especially for tire discounts with Michelins and Continentals as well as a typical range of other programs from towing, warranty, insurance, etc. I really do not know enough to say if better or worst than any of the others i.e Good Sam, Escapees, etc. but I imagine that these programs will have to go through some changes to support the towables vs the motorhome rigs. It will be an interesting transition.

Their forums have some lively debate on the new rules. I understand these new rules are about formal within the past 2-3 weeks and the leadership seems to be on a recruitment drive for new towable members.

I wonder how welcome they will be rolling into one of the events with the FMCA black ovals on the front of the rig???

Breweraz

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    $50 per year. And the forums don't look nearly as active in the towable sections as this one does. Not for me.

Jim