User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What rear camera do you have/recommend?

Hi all,

Since I value a lot of the opinions on here I thought I asked those who have already installed a rear camera what brand/model would you recommend? I finally picked up our new Reflection 315RLTS and wanted to look at installing a rear camera. The TT has the pre-wire for the a rear camera and was looking at some wireless cameras and starting to think about all the options - there are a lot of options.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the higher definition/higher refresh rate version of the Furrion camera the trailer is pre-wired for. It works well. If you use the search function, you'll find many posts on the forum on this topic.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    Hi all,

Since I value a lot of the opinions on here I thought I asked those who have already installed a rear camera what brand/model would you recommend? I finally picked up our new Reflection 315RLTS and wanted to look at installing a rear camera. The TT has the pre-wire for the a rear camera and was looking at some wireless cameras and starting to think about all the options - there are a lot of options.
    We went with GM option which is Echo-master

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    Hi all,

We got one from Rear View Safety, love it for being able to see traffic behind you and knowing when it's safe to change lanes. . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the Echo-Master GM, and would never buy it again. It was designed as a good system, but the lawyers hosed it up to the point of being useless.
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been having the same question about which camera to get. Some of our other trailering friends use one that has Audio as well, which I find could be a plus but not mandatory.

I'm looking for something we can use it full time while driving and backing up. Prefer good clarity with night vision being a plus (has Infra Red LEDs) and a viewing angle of at least 120 degrees. My two primary concerns based on what I've seen and read so far are:

1. Although Furrion is the GD vendor for a camera since they have a housing plate pre-assembled at rear of trailer, I've not really heard or read anything that makes them a goto solution when much better one's exist out there. Downside to not getting a Furrion is I'll have to fabricate some kind of mounting plate I suppose to match the Furrion one on trailer if I go with an after market camera.

2. Seems almost 90% or more of what I've read here is that everyone uses wireless. I've mostly been a hard-wired guy for things, and due to the potential frequency interference with my TPMS sensors (I already have issues with them when I use certain cell phone chargers in my 12v socket on dash) I'm really leaning towards getting a wired system, but I know it might be a bit of a pain to install. Which would have the added benefits of better clarity and less chance of the screen having problems from other frequency noise. Though now that I've said that I am not opposed to wireless, particularly in that an install is obviously quite easy.

The few that I've seen which I'm kind of considering are:

Tadibrothers 7inch screen

4Ucam

RVS-770613 (wired w/audio)

If anyone has some advice or others to look at I'm open to suggestions. Also, if anyone has constructive comments on using a wired system I'd like to decide whether I should take it off my list or not.
    I'll be wiring from the rear of an Imagine 2600RB to the dash of my 2009 F150 XLT.

Thank you all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a rear view systems hardwired camrea system installed on my old TT. It did also have audio. The audio was not very helpful because I could not talk to the person who was guiding me into the spot sure I could hear them telling me to stop or move to the right or left but I could see them giving hand signals. I think 2 way communications work better. The night vision was ok, the lights from the camper made it hard to see any thing so it was difficult to use at night. Otherwise it worked pretty good. I am planning on installing it on my 5er.
    2018 3500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB
    2014 2500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB(sold)
    Pullrite 2700 Autoslider
    Timbrens
    2018 28bh 5th wheel
    X23B Jayco (sold)
    1991 Pop-up (sold)
    Tent (might bring along so I know what camping is like again)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t know about mounting to the camper but the one I have on my truck is Clarion and it’s awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Furrion offered by GD on mine. While it is helpful backing into a spot, I find that on the road there is a slight delay in what I am seeing versus what is there meaning when I see a car approaching at the rear in the monitor, it is actually already on the side of the camper. Can't really trust it for lane changing for this reason. Also, while travelling, I have noticed disconnect and pixelated video issues. Overall, it's OK at best but is was free. The dealer threw it in at the time of purchase.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been much of a fan of wireless anything and I find the wired systems not only work well, but allow me to expiriment with different camera and monitor configerations. The $20 Amazon cameras work well for me and running the cable is not that difficult once you learn a couple of tricks. I also installed a couple of LED floods on either side of the camera and they not only light up the rear area so a spotter can see, but they provide a much clearer color picture than the mono color that the camera nigh vision provides. As long as you're running a video cable, its no problem to also run a couple of 12 volt wires. I put everything in split loom and run it along the RV belly with zip ties.

The most difficult part of my current setup was finding a place for the monitor. The dash on this truck just didn't allow me to use the 7" monitor I had on the last truck. I ended up with a 4.5" on the dash in the outside corner. It is small enough that it doesn't obstruct my forward vision and I can watch both it and the drivers side mirror without turning my head. The downside is that it isn't big enough to allow a split screen using multiple cameras.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast