Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking For Beachfront Campground Ideas

Hello everyone! We are wanting to get some trips planned for the year, and looking for some suggestions.

We would like to find a campground that is located on a beach for a summer vacation, keep in mind we live in KY. Probably wanting to be on Gulf Coast or possibly Atlantic Coast.

Also, any other great campgrounds around our area that people would highly suggest for smaller trips and etc would also be appreciated.

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saint George Island SP. It’s not right on the beach, but within very short walking distance of the beach and the bay. However, if hustle and bustle (malls, go carts, water parks, other attractions such as this) is what you seek, then ignore my recommendation. Because all it has is privacy and serenity.
    2015 Ram SRW 3500 4x4 Cummins
    B&W Patriot 16K
    2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHX (Traded)
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Scott & Jennifer
    Newnan GA

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbseyz View Post
    ...located on a beach for a summer vacation...wanting to be on Gulf Coast...
    Coming to Florida in the summer? I live here (Gulf Coast near Pensacola)---hot, hot, hot and humid, humid, humid! Mid to late fall through most of the spring--sure. Summer?

I haven't been to the Outer Banks in years, but I have good memories of Camp Hatteras RV Park. The beach is right there (if you park on the east side). Copy these coords into Google Maps: 35.578167, -75.466512
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also live in Kentucky and have a trip booked to Myrtle Beach stay at Lakewood Campground. We have friends that have been going there for several years.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    2018 Imagine 2150RB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You won't get much more beach front than this... Grand Haven State Park on Lake Michigan. As a bonus you might be treated to some beautiful sunsets
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pensacola Beach RV Resort and Emerald Beach RV.....white sugar sand beaches and warm water.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most popular is Gulf Coast State Park in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, AL. You have Interstate almost the whole way to Mobile.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the suggestions. We will check them out. My wife is a school teacher, so our window of vacations for a long trip are June and July. Of course we also have spring and fall breaks too. We enjoy trying different parks/areas. Last year we went to Camp Gulf in Destin, Fl.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anastasia state park near historic st Augustine fl. Park is on the Atlantic coast. 28$ a night book way in advance. The park is connected to the beach and you can go To the city which is very tourist friendly i.e. Restaurants, shops, bars, historic tours, ghost tours etc.

The rv sites are not on the sand but the park has beautiful beach. You just drive your car from your site to the beach parking lot. It's actually nice bc then your site is in athe shades trees line.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Coming to Florida in the summer? I live here (Gulf Coast near Pensacola)---hot, hot, hot and humid, humid, humid! Mid to late fall through most of the spring--sure. Summer?

I haven't been to the Outer Banks in years, but I have good memories of Camp Hatteras RV Park. The beach is right there (if you park on the east side). Copy these coords into Google Maps: 35.578167, -75.466512
    Timing is everything. I am on my computer today to pick sites in/near Panama City & Gulf Shores for next week.
    We're currently in Lakeland FL and leave here on Sunday the 8th.
    You must have suggestions.
    Thanks for any leads you can give.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast