User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did the pathways X2 and the wally as well. They advertise the X2 will work on two TVs as long as there are two controllers. We have not been able to get that to work.

We bought the X2 because we will be traveling east and the unit says it will work on the east and west arc. Not sure what all that means but we will see.

Breweraz

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by breweraz View Post
    We did the pathways X2 and the wally as well. They advertise the X2 will work on two TVs as long as there are two controllers. We have not been able to get that to work.

We bought the X2 because we will be traveling east and the unit says it will work on the east and west arc. Not sure what all that means but we will see.

Breweraz
    As you know, we live in AZ. But we frequently travel to Maine to visit my father (88 YO!). Once we get to New England, we can no longer pick up the satellites we use in the Western USA. So the Pathway X2 allows us to pick up the Eastern satellites and continue reception.

Jim

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a good deal on amazon for a wally w/dish playmaker package for $300.00. Have been testing here at home and it seems to be working fine. We have a 2016 Solitude 300GK, does anyone know if I can send my satilite signal up to the bedroom TV?
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 is the better antenna if you want an automatic one.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich T View Post
    I found a good deal on amazon for a wally w/dish playmaker package for $300.00. Have been testing here at home and it seems to be working fine. We have a 2016 Solitude 300GK, does anyone know if I can send my satilite signal up to the bedroom TV?
    Rich
    Wally is only set up for one TV. I have the Wally/Playmaker combo and traveled from one coast to the other and it has worked great as long as I have a clear view of the southern sky.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When recording with the Wally do you have to be live or can you preset it? And you can only watch or record right?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    When recording with the Wally do you have to be live or can you preset it? And you can only watch or record right?
    It works the same as with the older Vip211Z.

First, you need a separate hard drive which DISH formats and authorizes it. I think it was like a one time charge of $40.

You can set programming to record at any time as long as the unit has uninterrupted power. My typical pattern, since I have premium channels, is to review the overnight schedule and set programs to record. I do the same if we are away for the day and even have my satellite set up at home so I can record programming for the road.

You can only watch or record one show at a time. You can, however record one show while you are watching a previously recorded show.

Also, you can watch recorded programming when you don't have the satellite up, which is a huge positive for us. BTW, this is possible with the Vip211Z as well but it seems many people I talk to don't even know it's possible.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    It works the same as with the older Vip211Z.

First, you need a separate hard drive which DISH formats and authorizes it. I think it was like a one time charge of $40.

You can set programming to record at any time as long as the unit has uninterrupted power. My typical pattern, since I have premium channels, is to review the overnight schedule and set programs to record. I do the same if we are away for the day and even have my satellite set up at home so I can record programming for the road.

You can only watch or record one show at a time. You can, however record one show while you are watching a previously recorded show.

Also, you can watch recorded programming when you don't have the satellite up, which is a huge positive for us. BTW, this is possible with the Vip211Z as well but it seems many people I talk to don't even know it's possible.
    Thanks. I have the VIP 211 with the Pathway X2 and have been thinking of upgrading to the Wally. Hard to get enough info of the Wally site.

Ok went to the Wally site and downloaded the PDF manual. More good info.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my own external hard drive and let the wally format it. When I contacted dish to activate being able to record stuff off the wally onto my hard drive they waived the $40 fee since I'm a new customer. I have a very basic playmaker dish with only one cable connection so we are getting only one satilite therefore you can't watch a program and record at the same time. What I have been doing in preparation for an upcoming trip later this month is recording some programs on the hard drive here at home, when we are camped we can watch the hard drive and record something that is coming in live, (I have tried it here at home and have been able to do this). Not as user friendly as home but doable.
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by breweraz View Post

Breweraz
    1) The Pathway X2 will serve two receivers - as long as the programming being watched on both receivers is on the same satellite.

2) Locals for any given market (city/service area) are either on the Eastern or Western arc satellites for Dish Network. As you move east or west, you will tell the receiver your location (state) and confirm which set of satellites you need (Eastern or Western arc) so you can receive HD programming for local stations in that area. You will also need to call or chat with Dish to get them to change your service location. I'm told they are working on a way to let us change our service location by logging into our on-line accounts, but last I checked that hasn't happened yet.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast