User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbiJo View Post
    Wondering if anyone has a preference of pairing Wally receiver with Tailgater, Playmaker or Pathway X1 satellite dish?
    Thanks
    We use the Wally with the Tailgater. I'm pleased with the setup.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased the Playmaker/Wally combo from Amazon for $318. I've only set it up twice to test it and get the Wally activated, but I was very happy with the ease of setup.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used Wally receiver pairing up with dish playmaker and its fine in its working. Even it works fine with Tailgater it seems but don't know about pathway X1...
    Bryant Griffin
    Brightening your day with solar power.:o
    BEST & BRIGHTEST SOLAR LIGHTS FOR OUTDOOR AND GARDEN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Dish satellite for Wally

I have the old tailgater. Big white cube. I have been thinking of swapping my 211 receiver for a wally but have read there temperamental. On another RV site I found a thread that says unless it finds all 3 satellites it will not work. Has this been anyone else's experience? While the 211's interface is clunky it seems to work pretty well. I have had some times when it could not find all three satellites so this would be a concern.

Got the Wally. Works great as long as you bypass trailer wiring. Checked all connections, replaced barrel connectors with the 3 ghz. Still no luck. Last step will be to replace factory push on with crimp on connectors.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys cost me money.

After reading this discussion we purchased the Pathways X2 Wally bundle on Amazon for $395.95 https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all

Wanted the east and west satellites and pay as you go. Upgraded the TV after the TCL was stolen from the Buda, Texas dealer's lot. Downloaded the Dish Anywhere app and we should be in business.

Also plan to recrimp or replace the coax connectors. If it isn't a nightmare, I might even fish and run quality coax. A Youtube video tour of the GD factory leads me to believe the coax is run thru the underbody...I believe everything on the internet.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbiJo View Post
    Wondering if anyone has a preference of pairing Wally receiver with Tailgater, Playmaker or Pathway X1 satellite dish?
    Thanks
    We have the Winegard Carryout G2+ with the Wally and have been happy with it. It's "magically" powered by the coax, so just one cable to attach. Finds the signal within minutes. Changes satellites within a few seconds. Can be used with Dish, DirectTV, and Bell (Canadian provider).

The current model is Carryout G3+, about the same price, larger internal antenna so should be even better at holding signals. It's also easier to set up as a permanent roof mount than the G2+.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replacing coax connectors did not work for me. I run the cable thru the slide out seal and it works perfect. I have thought about running a new, high quality, cable using the old one as a pull string.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123