User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cat 5 cable in basement

I have a 2016 Reflection 303RLS. I recently removed the wall in the basement so I could have a look at the wiring and to see if I could get to the black and gray water tank valves. As soon as I moved the wall away, a six foot length of yellow cat 5 network cable greeted me and it has an RJ-45 connector on it. I could only see it go back toward the living room/kitchen area but haven't a clue where it terminates or what it's for. Anyone else know about or have seen this in their basement?

Thanks.

Eric

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EricKog - I have spoken to one of the Regional Service Managers and based on the description of the cable, this may have been added by the previous owner.
    We do not use this style of cable on the Reflection units.
    Mailing & Shipping Address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 11356 CR 2, Middlebury, IN 46540
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

Contact us:
    - Call Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Send a fax to (574) 825-9249
    - Or email: [email protected]

*For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name and phone number.*

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the previous owner had an inverter with a remote on off digital switch then Cat 5 is needed for the power to the switch. At least on mine it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tara and goducks14. I'm checking with the previous owner to see if he ran it for some purpose. I'd like to know where it terminates and to see if I can use is for something.

Eric