User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacing fixed TV wall mount and installing larger TV.

I’m wanting to replace the fixed TV wall mount in the living room of our 2015 369RL with one that will allow the TV to move in/out and left/right. I’m also wanting to install a larger Vizio 43” TV. Are there studs behind the wall where the TV is mounted? Will it safely support to the weight of a heavier mount and larger TV?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know the answer but basically wanting to do the same thing to my 337RLS.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KenK82,
    Is your 369 RL the floorplan where the TV is above the fireplace. If so, you can pull the fireplace out look up into the cavity to see whats back there.
    Ben & Camille
    2022 Ford F450 King Ranch
    B&W Factory Puck 5th Wheel Hitch
    2016 Reflection 303RLS 4/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbailey View Post
    KenK82,
    Is your 369 RL the floorplan where the TV is above the fireplace. If so, you can pull the fireplace out look up into the cavity to see whats back there.
    It is. That sounds like a plan to me, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the factory mount with a MORryde TV1-006 full motion articulating lockable mount on the living room TV. It had a lot of screw holes and I used about 10 #6 1.5" lag screws, and it is definitely not going anywhere. There was sufficient meat in the mounting wall, but not any real studs.
    Greg & Lisa (and the Yorkies - Rocky & Adrian)
    Winnipeg, MB
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 29RS
    2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have replaced all of the factor screws on the mount for the TV. Some were broken off others loose. They drilled holes in the mount to use with the TV that cam in my unit. I do not understand why the correct mount was not used and mounted correctly with the factory assembled equipment! I will be purchasing a new mount when I change out the TV in the main area. The fixed non movable mount in the den has screws that have come out and i found laying on the floor. I have difficulty getting my hands behind the TV with that one. I am going to need to get a new mount and install it correctly as well. The other side of that TV has my outside kitchen so I need to make sure that don't go to long with the screws. So far the bedroom mount has held up...