User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely consider renting a golf cart!!

Site Sponsor The_Traveling_Neelys's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Agpopp. I will check out that site as I will also be there in October.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Traveling_Neelys View Post
    Cool...say hi if you join.

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post

Make sure you have some practice backing in, the road is very narrow and there isn't a ton of room between sites. We were in a premium site which is one of the larger ones, I didn't have any trouble getting in and I'm about 43' long not counting the truck. As long as you have some confidence and a good spotter you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yes and no. The sites have garbage cans that are not movable - they are set in the ground. Nevertheless, most sites can be gotten into even with a big rig ... UNLESS you have that "premium" site on a narrow road, across from the restrooms that has a 3 1/2' high post/rail fence set in the ground directly across from your site and on a curve (plus aforementioned garbage can). I can assure you that was one very interesting backing job, especially in a torrential downpour (my spotter went on strike). That was the second most difficult site I ever pulled into. The campground in the Outer Banks that was the site of my most difficult is still patching the grass three years later ... but I got it in!

Outside of that, the place is spotless, service is "Disney Grade", sites are very nice. Take the advice of the poster who recommended the golf cart. Don't know what they cost or what your budget is, but get the golf cart if you can - you won't regret it. Have fun and safe travels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Traveling_Neelys View Post
    What dates will you be there in October?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy82 View Post
    Yes and no. The sites have garbage cans that are not movable - they are set in the ground. Nevertheless, most sites can be gotten into even with a big rig ... UNLESS you have that "premium" site on a narrow road, across from the restrooms that has a 3 1/2' high post/rail fence set in the ground directly across from your site and on a curve (plus aforementioned garbage can). I can assure you that was one very interesting backing job, especially in a torrential downpour (my spotter went on strike). That was the second most difficult site I ever pulled into. The campground in the Outer Banks that was the site of my most difficult is still patching the grass three years later ... but I got it in!

Outside of that, the place is spotless, service is "Disney Grade", sites are very nice. Take the advice of the poster who recommended the golf cart. Don't know what they cost or what your budget is, but get the golf cart if you can - you won't regret it. Have fun and safe travels.

You gave a 90% accurate description of the site we had! The only difference was our site was next to that fence you mentioned, nonetheless, we were on one of the loops approved for pets and it sure is a narrow road (I didn't drive through other loops to see if they were any bigger).
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of this Fort Wilderness talk got us excited, we will be going back from 9/12 - 9/21.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always said Disney World would be great if it wasn't for all of those kids running around ...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fort Wilderness is great you will have an awesome time. We are going back for 8 nights in July and am looking forward to it (except for the heat & humidity).

Make any reservations for dining, experiences and a golf cart as soon as you are able. If you booked through Disney (maybe a travel agent as well - not sure though) you can make dining reservations 180 days in advance. You can also make Fast Pass reservations for the popular/long wait time attractions in the parks 60 days in advance.

With the golf cart rental reservation you need to call as early as possible. I believe you can make those one year in advance. It is nearly impossible to walk up and rent a golf cart without a reservation.

We usually manage to eat two meals in our RV and pay for one in the parks. This saves you quite a bit of money. The Meadow Swimming Pool is the larger of the two and your kids will likely enjoy that. If you can get your crew going early each day with a simple breakfast in the RV then you can get to the parks when they open and enjoy at least a couple of hours of smaller crowds/shorter lines. This will allow you to come back and enjoy the pool in the afternoon when your kids may benefit from a break away from all of the stimulation of the parks. Can allow you to cook supper in the RV as well.

Our kids are older so we typically do a simple breakfast in the RV, hit the parks early, come back to the RV mid afternoon for some down time at Fort Wilderness and then do supper in the RV before heading back to the parks at night time. This has worked well for us.

Also consider going the the Hoop De Doo Musical Review at Pioneer Hall in Fort Wilderness. This is not only the longest running dinner show at WDW but also in the US. I believe it dates back to around 1972 shortly after WDW opened in October 1971.

One last thing to remember is that Fort Wilderness guests enjoy all of the same privileges as other resort guests at WDW including extra magic hours, discounts at some retailers/restaurants, etc.

Good luck and have a great trip!

It sounds like you’ll have at least one non-park day planned based on four days of tickets and six nights and this is a great idea. We have two non-park days planned on our trip. This is important as the parks are fun but exhausting.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    Fort Wilderness is great you will have an awesome time. We are going back for 8 nights in July and am looking forward to it (except for the heat & humidity).

Make any reservations for dining, experiences and a golf cart as soon as you are able. If you booked through Disney (maybe a travel agent as well - not sure though) you can make dining reservations 180 days in advance. You can also make Fast Pass reservations for the popular/long wait time attractions in the parks 60 days in advance.

With the golf cart rental reservation you need to call as early as possible. I believe you can make those one year in advance. It is nearly impossible to walk up and rent a golf cart without a reservation.

We usually manage to eat two meals in our RV and pay for one in the parks. This saves you quite a bit of money. The Meadow Swimming Pool is the larger of the two and your kids will likely enjoy that. If you can get your crew going early each day with a simple breakfast in the RV then you can get to the parks when they open and enjoy at least a couple of hours of smaller crowds/shorter lines. This will allow you to come back and enjoy the pool in the afternoon when your kids may benefit from a break away from all of the stimulation of the parks. Can allow you to cook supper in the RV as well.

Our kids are older so we typically do a simple breakfast in the RV, hit the parks early, come back to the RV mid afternoon for some down time at Fort Wilderness and then do supper in the RV before heading back to the parks at night time. This has worked well for us.

Also consider going the the Hoop De Doo Musical Review at Pioneer Hall in Fort Wilderness. This is not only the longest running dinner show at WDW but also in the US. I believe it dates back to around 1972 shortly after WDW opened in October 1971.

One last thing to remember is that Fort Wilderness guests enjoy all of the same privileges as other resort guests at WDW including extra magic hours, discounts at some retailers/restaurants, etc.

Good luck and have a great trip!

It sounds like you’ll have at least one non-park day planned based on four days of tickets and six nights and this is a great idea. We have two non-park days planned on our trip. This is important as the parks are fun but exhausting.
    Sorry about that last paragraph being out of order. Looks like I did and inadvertent fat finger cut and paste. Gotta love these touch screens!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast