0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    October 6-12, 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like we will be there the exact same dates! You will have to say swing by and say hi.

Site Sponsor The_Traveling_Neelys's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We definitely have to make plans to meet up. We will be traveling with our dog.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an awesome insiders tip - and connection! We (my family) have been to Disney 5 times, over the last 7 years. However, now that we have our 5er, are planning a trip to Ft Wilderness with our friends. Our 7 year old, and their kids, will definitely appreciate the idea of camping at Disney.
    Iraq/Afghanistan Veteran - UMICH BBA, M.B.A.
    2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali 6.0
    2018 Grand Design 150 series Reflection 290 BH
    Bride - Anna, Son - Robert, and Gracie "the dog"
    Flint, Michigan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is lots of talk about renting a golf cart. I know there is some sort of restriction on vehicles. However, can we get around Fort Wilderness using a scooter, motorcycle or electric bike?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the rules from the fort about vehicles. Basically bikes or golf carts are preferred because of parking at the restaurant area, the pool, and the busy stop. There's no vehicle parking at those so if your relying on anything else you need to take an internal bus or walk. We usually bike rather than spend the money on the golf cart, but they are fun to have for sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GolfCartRules-1012b.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	11586
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.fortfiends.net

For everything Fort Wilderness.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    Here are the rules from the fort about vehicles. Basically bikes or golf carts are preferred because of parking at the restaurant area, the pool, and the busy stop. There's no vehicle parking at those so if your relying on anything else you need to take an internal bus or walk. We usually bike rather than spend the money on the golf cart, but they are fun to have for sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GolfCartRules-1012b.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	11586
    This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem we go a lot we were there last weekend and go back at Easter and in May.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent advice from all here, so I'm only gonna beat one dead dog - and that is the sites. Fort Wilderness was designed and built about the same time as EPCOT.

As an aside.....(me bragging here), I attended Disney World the second month it was opened. Yes - I'm THAT old. Anywho....

The park is old with regards to the size of your typical RV back-n-the-day that was probably not more than 40' total. To Disney's credit, they have widened and lengthened the sites' pads. However, there's only so much real estate and Disney has no plans to consolidate sites in order to more easily accommodate the latest generation of aircraft carrier size 5er's being towed by an additional 25+ feet of TV. As was stated, the roads are a bit on the narrow side both main and site loop roads. And yes, most sites are fairly easy to back in. HOWEVER, there are some sites that are easier than others due to the aforementioned garbage can, fence post, site markers and that freakin' cedar tree that was 18" off to the right of my pad that I almost got out my chainsaw and did others a favor and cut it down! ARRRGGGGHHHH.... Personally, I like the sites that are on the inside of the loop since I can get a bead on the driver side of my unit while backing. The outside loop sites, for me, are problematic in that you really can't see where the drivers side of the RV is until the TV is straightened - hope that makes sense.

Anyhow, the place is Disney awesome. We like staying further back in the park near to the water ferry transportation which also means we're close to the dog park. Even though I've been to Disney World probably 40 times since it opened, I still look forward to going again. BTW - if you have time, try to book the behind the scenes tours they offer.

Tom

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast