User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just returned last week from our 1st 10 day trip to the fort. For all those that have said this place is tight... Understatement of year.

Being almost 43' w/o the crew cab dually I wanted the easiest back in possible. We faxed our request 5 days beforehand for an "easier" back in and

it definitely wasn't read. Thanks to the help of my neighbor across the street who was a wonderful spotter I got in with no problem. Just had to take

it easy and slow. Once setup everything was smooth, very nice place. My one piece of advice, Download their app. New feature with the last

update is bus times from the resort. We found it pretty accurate and most days we were parking the golfcart at the bus stop as the various park bus

was pulling in. Saved us a lot of time throughout the trip on transportation to the parks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0875.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	13991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0876.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	13992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0877.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	13993
    Josh & Tammy
    6 kids if you count our 3yr old yorkie
    2018 Reflection 367BHS
    2018 Gmc Denali 3500 Duramax DRW

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcombs003 View Post
    Just returned last week from our 1st 10 day trip to the fort. For all those that have said this place is tight... Understatement of year.

Being almost 43' w/o the crew cab dually I wanted the easiest back in possible. We faxed our request 5 days beforehand for an "easier" back in and

it definitely wasn't read. Thanks to the help of my neighbor across the street who was a wonderful spotter I got in with no problem. Just had to take

it easy and slow. Once setup everything was smooth, very nice place. My one piece of advice, Download their app. New feature with the last

update is bus times from the resort. We found it pretty accurate and most days we were parking the golfcart at the bus stop as the various park bus

was pulling in. Saved us a lot of time throughout the trip on transportation to the parks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0875.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	13991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0876.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	13992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0877.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	13993
    I love the Fort but have to agree some of the sites are tight. I was there for two weeks in May and saw a 42' Class A struggling to get into the site next to me, I offered to move, but I was not the problem, the car parked in the site across from him was in the way and they were not around. After a while a ranger came by and we all tried to get him in but he could just not make the swing. He called into dispatch and got him moved to a different site. Thats a long way to say if you are ever there and having a hard time call down to the outpost and see what they can do.

I have faxed in requests twice, both times for adjacent sites, once also in a loop adjacent to friends in a cabin, and the requests have come through each time (most recently in May). I agree it would be nice to be able to either pick your site, or at least have confirmation they have gotten your request and were able to fill it. I do find that when I check in I ask if my request was able to be filled and they have my fax right there in my profile, so its worth asking at checkin.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are going back in December. Booked it almost 10 months ago and no premiums were available had to go with a preferred. I go online & check to see if a premium has popped up at least twice a day. Hopefully we find one but if not we plan to arrive super early to maybe get to pick a more favorable back in.
    Josh & Tammy
    2018 Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear you, I quite prefer the premiums if nothing else for not dragging the gravel in and out of the site. That said I have had a few stays in the preferred sites and been able to get backed in well enough. I have even seen some Momentums and Solitudes in there, so it can be done. Like you say get there early and hope for a site with noone across from you. I find the ones on the inside of the loop to be tougher than the ones on the outside FWIW.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on the outside, we scouted most of the premium loops on the golf cart one morning before we left. Seems like the first two or three sites of each loop on the outside appeared to be easier. only exception was the 300 loop I don't recall a single site being what I would call accessible. some deeper in on the outside of curves were almost a straight back in as well.
    Josh & Tammy
    2018 Reflection 367BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our last three trips down, we were fortunate enough to get the exact site we wanted in the 600 loop. I did fax down my request and did quite a bit of brown nosing. We've been there 4 times with our camper(s) and I must say, it's been our favorite trips. We have been there a total of 27 times in the last 20 years and have done it every way from the economy resorts to off property condos. None really compare to the Fort. Of course, we bring one of our own golf carts and I dress it up for the occasion (see picture below). We were the talk of the campground and even saw folks climbing on it to take pictures when we parked it 8:-). Have a great time. I wanted to book October as well, but they are sold out. I'm on a waiting list currently.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cart.jpg  
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We check in to The Fort on Wednesday, anyone who has been there recently know if cast members will provide spotting assistance? My wife is normally my spotter, but she will be arriving later than me so I'm on my own for parking (she will have the kids with her so they can't be my spotter either). Having been there before, I know its tight and having a spotter is key to not hitting all of the random obstacles there.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went twice this year and did see cast members who happened to be in the area give some assistance to a family on the last trip. I am sure if you ask at check in they would do it.

On the other hand, in July a couple was pulling in as I was tearing down and packing the evening before we departed. I finished cleaning up before they got the jacks down. They backed in and out of their site for at least 90 minutes with multiple people watching and helping.

There's usually a few people in every loop who are eager to watch and help.

Have. A good time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good, thanks for the info. We'll see how it works out.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checked in a day early to beat hurricane Florence, weather is great. Cast members will assist you with parking if needed, I ended up not asking since the site was easy to get in without a spotter, came within inches of those perfectly placed trash bins.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast