User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the site I saw were good. All the sites are tight to back into. Trashcans block the backing point. We stayed in the 1600 loop and liked it. We did not rent a golf cart and did not need one. Lots of good food. Our favorite wasat the Tusker House followed by the luau at the Polynesian Resort.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OIF/OEFveteran View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear you had a bad experience with her! I'll definitely take that into consideration for our trip.

We're camping with friends (they have a Reflection TT, 28'), staying the week. We reserved the preferred sites. I have the Reflection 5'er 290BH series, 34'.

We do plan on bringing our dog, but I forgot to mention it when reserving.

Any loops we should be concerned about or steer clear of?
    So what are preferred sites?
    Are there any pull thru sites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTom52 View Post
    So what are preferred sites?
    Are there any pull thru sites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Preferred are bigger than standard and there is premium which is bigger than preferred. The differences are extra paved areas in width and length. You can see the exact details on Disney's web site. There are no pull thru sites.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Preferred are bigger than standard and there is premium which is bigger than preferred. The differences are extra paved areas in width and length. You can see the exact details on Disney's web site. There are no pull thru sites.

Preferred are not larger (they are usually actually smaller and tighter to get into) but they are located near the marina and Pioneer Hall.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    Preferred are not larger (they are usually actually smaller and tighter to get into) but they are located near the marina and Pioneer Hall.
    Oops...got it backwards. Just checked,

Full is 10x50
    Preferred is 10x45
    Premium is 10x60

We've gotten premium both times we went and had no issues parking our 43' Momentum, it is tight to maneuver, but certainly do-able.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Headed back to the Fort in August; we will be there from Aug 11 - 20. Anyone else going to be there around that time?

If you're planning a trip there between April 28 - Sept 30, they have 30% off (Sun and Fun Room offer), but the offer expires March 24.
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 03-21-2019 at 11:36 PM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love the fort. Once you’ve camped here it’s hard to go to other campgrounds. Your spoiled. The campground is always well groomed and clean. Bathrooms are the best. so we’ll maintained. We always stay in the premium sites. They are wider and provide a nice wide area for a carpet, keeping the trailer clean. Iam a neat freak. We have a favourite loop and site that we try and get each time. We always take our bikes. Golf carts are too expensive. Great bike path that you can enjoy. It takes you through a well forested area and to the wilderness lodge. You will see dear most times while biking. We bike around the loops and count all the GD rv’s that we see. More and more each year. Beautiful horse barn. You can also enjoy the free camp fire movies each night with chip and dale. We have been going to the fort for almost 35 years, sometimes 3 times a year. Our fist trip was our honeymoon. Needless to say we are huge fans. We traveled with our three girls and have made long lasting memories over the years. It’s an amazing feeling as you start down the Disney hiway and go under the huge Disney archway. Lots of excitement and screaming in the truck! However, our girls have all moved on with their lives now and it’s just my husband and I. We still get excited going under that arch! However we are disappointed in how the prices continue to escalate at the fort. When we first started going, the sites were $19.00 a night. You could also get a weekly or monthly special rate. We understand everything in life continually goes up in price. I just have a hard time justifying paying $153.00 a night even under a special rate. Being Canadian, we also have to add on a substantial amount due to our exchange rate. After all, iam staying in my own house with no house keeping. Nearing retirement, and a fixed income has unfortunately changed our annual trip to the fort. We are now looking to stay outside Disney for the first time. We are sad and something keeps pulling us back to the idea of trying to manage the cost. Especially after reading all these posts. Just can’t do it. We are looking for suggestions. Happy camping at the fort to all!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567