User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still trying to figure out this whole thing - and I'm in IT!
    My OneControl unit has trouble controlling the slides - keeps showing a fault (but no details on the fault). My dealer has ordered a replacement, but I'll go through and check the connectors too.
    I wish I could change the SSID from "MyRV_..." to something a little more personalized.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does it do when trying to control slides? Do they stop or hesitate? If so that's not the control system.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
    What does it do when trying to control slides? Do they stop or hesitate? If so that's not the control system.

There are many issues here. There is the physical motor assembly and slide mechanism and there is the control unit that consists of a control board and then subsequent control connections to the MyRv tablet mounted in the RV, not to mention the whole micro-network wifi thingy.

My slides will stop from time to time, mostly it's me moving my finger slightly off of the icon on the tablet, or maybe a disconnect between the tablet and the motors. Mostly it's annoying but does not cause any problems other than out of sync which is easily corrected.

99% sure all of my problems aren't failed components, but poor connections made when assembled.

I had hoped that through the last reconnect of bad connections I had whipped the disappearing icon thing, NOT!

Back from a quick weekend trip with the grandkids and only half the icons are available. Opened the panel and messed with the wire connections and whalla, icons. This week I am going to break apart that huge conglomeration of ground wires and put it in a proper bus bar. Aggravated it wasn't ready to work when requested, happy that it came back fairly easily.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    There are many issues here. There is the physical motor assembly and slide mechanism and there is the control unit that consists of a control board and then subsequent control connections to the MyRv tablet mounted in the RV, not to mention the whole micro-network wifi thingy.

My slides will stop from time to time, mostly it's me moving my finger slightly off of the icon on the tablet, or maybe a disconnect between the tablet and the motors. Mostly it's annoying but does not cause any problems other than out of sync which is easily corrected.

99% sure all of my problems aren't failed components, but poor connections made when assembled.

I had hoped that through the last reconnect of bad connections I had whipped the disappearing icon thing, NOT!

Back from a quick weekend trip with the grandkids and only half the icons are available. Opened the panel and messed with the wire connections and whalla, icons. This week I am going to break apart that huge conglomeration of ground wires and put it in a proper bus bar. Aggravated it wasn't ready to work when requested, happy that it came back fairly easily.
    I went with the bus bar after I saw what they did with the grounds. If I recall, it was a 14awg wire coming off the bus bar they used near the breaker box. From that single wire, it went to a wire nut bundle of 12 10awg wires and had another 14awg wire as a jumper to a wire nut bundle of 5 more 10awg wires. I couldn't believe that was how all of my interior lights, the one control system, water pump, water heater (12v) and tank heaters were grounded.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I went with the bus bar after I saw what they did with the grounds.
    Excellent looking work, that is on my list to get done this week.
    Dallas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
    As soon as you go into the slides selection from the main menu (or the leveling for that matter), it shows "fault detected" on the left side of the screen, under the gear icon. I'd take a picture, but I'm at the office right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that is a headache waiting to happen. Good job on sorting it out.
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    As soon as you go into the slides selection from the main menu (or the leveling for that matter), it shows "fault detected" on the left side of the screen, under the gear icon. I'd take a picture, but I'm at the office right now.
    Sounds like a trip to the dealer. I've never seen that.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    My issue is disappearing icons, pretty much a communication/connection problem. The fault thing... didn't see what rig you had, on my Momentum 376 there are two boxes in the front compartment that are the actual controllers for the slides. I recently learned that there is an led light in them, when they error there is an error code system. The MyRV thingy will just say "fault". The control box leds will flash a coded light sequence. On the face of the controllers is a chart that says what these codes mean. LCI customer service number 574-537-8900. They prefer to talk to a rv tech or dealership, but if you have a slight clue as to what is going on and can talk the talk they will walk you through some stuff. I have had marginal luck with them. Others have had great luck with them. Give it try, they should at least be able to help you decipher the fault codes.
    Dallas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Have you had issues of icons disappearing or are the icons there and just not working?
    I am having that issue now. Trying to figure out how to get the slides out manually.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast