User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If not it should be pretty simple to replace the Furrion/Jensen with a higher quality unit.
    You could throw darts at the pages of a stereo catalog from 40 ft and accomplish that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Are you doing an aftermarket amp? What about the speakers?

I'm toying with the idea of replacing the head unit and speakers. I might even build a small subwoofer although in an RV park, that might not go over so well lol.
    I'm doing the Pioneer, and connecting it to a Vizio sound bar w/subwoofer and BT surround sound. I need to do some surgery where the Furrion is so that I get a good fit. Have assembled and tested all the components. We'll be leaving in May for a six-month trip with the RV. I'll do the installation then.

I've decided to blow off doing the outdoor speakers; they are those ridiculously stupid small speakers in the awning ends. A transistor radio sounds better. I've got a separate wireless set of speakers that have their own amp. I'll connect that to one of the line-outs to drive them.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    I'm doing the Pioneer, and connecting it to a Vizio sound bar w/subwoofer and BT surround sound. I need to do some surgery where the Furrion is so that I get a good fit. Have assembled and tested all the components. We'll be leaving in May for a six-month trip with the RV. I'll do the installation then.

I've decided to blow off doing the outdoor speakers; they are those ridiculously stupid small speakers in the awning ends. A transistor radio sounds better. I've got a separate wireless set of speakers that have their own amp. I'll connect that to one of the line-outs to drive them.
    Most excellent! I'm likely headed down the same path. Is the Furrion not a true double DIN unit? It shouldn't be too hard to fab up a faceplate otherwise. Maybe even cannibalize a Metra kit meant for a car.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Most excellent! I'm likely headed down the same path. Is the Furrion not a true double DIN unit? It shouldn't be too hard to fab up a faceplate otherwise. Maybe even cannibalize a Metra kit meant for a car.
    No, it is not. It has a weird cutout. I had to go out and find a double-DIN mounting bracket. The cutout for the Furrion is wider than a standard double-DIN, but not as high. Fortunately, the faceplate that I bought is wide enough to hide it.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be careful what you wish for. We picked up our new 2018 Imagine 2600RB last Wednesday. The trailer has the Jensen JWM40 Stereo/DVD/Mp3/USB unit instead of the Furrion. Pretty simple to operate but playing a DVD produces a very fuzzy/unclear video picture. I checked the connections at the back of the TV and found that there was one yellow RCA jack cable connected from the DVD player to to the one of the Component Video Connections. That explains the poor video quality. There should be three cables plugged into the COmponent Video Connections on the back of the TV. Checking the user manual for the Jensen it looks like there are no outputs for HDMI or Component video. If this is true, then you can forget about playing any DVD and getting a sharp no flicker picture.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked up our 2250RK camper in March and it had Jensen JWM40 and no manual. Build spec sheet called out Furrion DV3300. Had good luck with Jensen in previous campers; just your basic RV stereo. Contacted Jensen Direct and asked for manual otherwise stuck with 21 page print out one from their web site.

http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/manual...es?title=jwm40

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my story. 2018 Imagine 2600RB purchased in February 2018. Now its May 2019 and the headphone jack does not work on my Furrion DV3200 deck. I like to use that jack with an AirFly to bluetooth local radio to my AirPods. Not a lot, but I want the capability.

So I called the dealer and I am off warranty. He said to call GD and see if they would do a good will replacement. 5 minutes on the phone with GD and they are shipping me a replacement. Can't be happier with their customer service. It will be another Furrion, but that is the only 2 zone unit I could find with a headphone jack outside of a Drive RV unit eTrailer sells. So I'll go with another Furrion and hope for the best.

I was quite surprised with GD's response and help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123