User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stereo in brand new 2800BH

Interesting thing going on here, probably going to call the dealer and ask WTH... Picked up our brand new Imagine 2800BH yesterday and during the walkthru noticed that it had a Jensen stereo in it instead of a Furion. Now that we are home I was looking through the manuals pack and there is no manual for the Jensen. More importantly on the serial# page dated 1-17-18 it shows that it has a Furion DV3300 stereo with listed serial#.. Pictures online are of the actual inventory number we bought and clearly show the Jensen in them. What would you guys/gals do if you were me? I've read numerous posts relating to how the Furion stereos aren't really that good, but how does a Jensen JMW40 compare? I know it "looks" like a much more simple unit, maybe it is better/more reliable and GD swapped out very recently to them, maybe GD ran out of the Furions and substituted this one during build? Maybe someone at the dealership now has a shiny new Furion where they used to have a Jensen..

Scratching head,

Jim

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well if it is a nicer unit smile. I did a search on jmw40 and came up with nothing. so it is hard to tell how they compare. I can say the furrion is a PIA to operate. Far to complex for what is needed...
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stereo in brand new 2800BH

If it’s easy to use and has the BT-DVD and sounds ok then stick with it lol. Speakers suck also but they save on the stuff that has less meaning to go up on the things that matter, in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really concerned with it, but more curious than anything. I'm hoping that it wasn't a swapping out/theft thing. Really liking the camper and looking forward to the first trip.

Jim

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cybershanks View Post
    I'm not really concerned with it, but more curious than anything. I'm hoping that it wasn't a swapping out/theft thing. Really liking the camper and looking forward to the first trip.

Jim
    Trust me not even thieves are stupid enough to steal a furrion stereo....
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, thanks!

Jim

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've had two rigs with Furrion stereo/dvd players. My guess is that they cost GD about $19.95 from a wholesaler. I think I'd be happy with the Jensen. BTW - I wonder if the serial number they recorded matches your Jensen, and they just forgot to change the name or recorded Furrion out of habit?

Jim

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had that thought as well after getting to work. I'll take a look at it tonight and see if it matches. FWIW our last camper (R-Pod) had a Jensen in it and I wasn't impressed with it either.

Jim

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, response from my dealer:

I spoke with my regional warranty manager at Grand Design and he said they did switch out radios because Jensen is more reliable.

They didn't send a manual with it, but ended up sending me the .pdf. I've read some good things about Grand Design, it is nice to see they are trying and appear to make changes if/when they are desired from their customers.

Good Life RV in Webster City, IA has been very good to deal with as well FWIW

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have same year an model wish they would have swapped mine out also lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast