User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outsdoor Cooking Options

I noticed that some of the new models have a grill top on the outdoor kitchen made branded "Capital Grille". I would like to add one in place of my burner type. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is or is this a Grand Design OEM item? I thought it was from Capital-Cooking Cooking out of California but they said it wasn't theirs. Please see the attached photo.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CapitalGrill.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	11304

Thank you!,

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you know what model(s) offer this? I can do a part number look up to see it that will help.

Jim

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm liking that idea too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to replace the useless (to me) two burner stove with a grille. I did get a hose extension and used the connections for the outside stove to connect to a portable grill. Love it.

Anyone stopping by looking for a 2 burner stove top can have one for free.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at the RV show yesterday and found this manual under the grill plate on a Cougar TT (models D-2728 & D-2727REV). Going to look into converting my outside kitchen 2-burner stove as well... Or atleast see if the new style stoves with the oval burner allows use of a larger pot. Anyone have experience with these oval cooktops?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A2E0247F-D345-41C8-AB88-F3FBC84ECEA8.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	11321
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF0646A0-FCDD-497B-89A2-625CB11434A9.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	11322

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a WeberQ with stand and converted it to work with the lp quick connection on the camper. This way I got my grill and burners for cooking.
    2018 3500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB
    2014 2500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB(sold)
    Pullrite 2700 Autoslider
    Timbrens
    2018 28bh 5th wheel
    X23B Jayco (sold)
    1991 Pop-up (sold)
    Tent (might bring along so I know what camping is like again)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwminnesota View Post
    I bought a WeberQ with stand and converted it to work with the lp quick connection on the camper. This way I got my grill and burners for cooking.

I did the same thing. I was also wondering if I could figure out a strap system so that I could keep it in the outdoor kitchen. Have you thought about that?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would I go about connecting a quick disconnect fitting to use the two 30lb propane tanks instead of the one pound disposable on a portable Weber 1000? I noticed a red regulator coming off the passenger side propane tank running over to the changeover valve on the drivers side but no regulator coming off the driver side propane tank going into the changeover valve. I'm thinking it would be much easier to come off the passenger side propane tank putting in a 'T' after the regulator but then I wouldn't be able to utilize the change over feature. Any thoughts or YouTube videos out there to reference?

Mitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Booth View Post
    How would I go about connecting a quick disconnect fitting to use the two 30lb propane tanks instead of the one pound disposable on a portable Weber 1000? I noticed a red regulator coming off the passenger side propane tank running over to the changeover valve on the drivers side but no regulator coming off the driver side propane tank going into the changeover valve. I'm thinking it would be much easier to come off the passenger side propane tank putting in a 'T' after the regulator but then I wouldn't be able to utilize the change over feature. Any thoughts or YouTube videos out there to reference?

Mitch
    Mitch,

I assume your trailer doesn't have an outdoor kitchen; otherwise you could use the quick-connect fitting that's already installed from the factory for the outdoor stovetop.

You might want to check out propanegear.com for some solutions. They have some quick-connect install kits as well as kits with hose and adapter specifically for connecting a Weber Q grill to the trailer's regulated gas line. I just ordered a kit from that website that should let us connect our new Blackstone griddle to the quick-connect on our Imagine 2800BH. Looking forward to trying it out on our next camping trip.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know how that goes with the Blackstone. Was really wanting to do this but wasn't sure how it would go and really don't want to add a tee in front of the regulator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast