Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in Nashville last June and stayed at the KOA in Goodlettsville which is just outside Nashville. It was during Fan Fest and the parks in town were full. It was a short drive to town, not hard at all. They had a shuttle but I don't know if it was just for Fan Fest or if it runs all the time. Was quiet with a friendly staff.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stayed at Two Rivers last year without any problems. The advantage with Two Rivers and/or the KOA is the shuttle service cannot be beat if you are planning on going to downtown Nashville. Makes for great day with the museums and all of the street bar/grills/taverns for food and drink plus live music. My wife dancing on the bar at Coyote Ugly..........well that's another story.

Note: If you want to go to the American Pickers store, you will need to drive there separately. It's not near the main attractions that are downtown. It's a must see kind-of-place because everyone wants to say they have been there. But in all honesty, it is really a big let down. Nothing much more than a gift shop. Parking is free across the street in a gravel lot.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seven Points campground, which is on Percy Priest Lake is a beautiful Core of Engineers campground. Has water and electricity (30 and 50 amp) and a dump station. We spent 2 weeks there last month at $22 per night. The majority of the 50+ sites are long and mostly level. The handful of pull-thrus they have I would avoid as they can be difficult to get in and out of as they are curved and tree-lined. Last month they significantly expanded the shoulders of the roads to address some comments about being too narrow. I drove around Cedar Creek COE campground while I was there and it is no where near a nice as Seven Points and the roads there are narrow so may be more challenging for longer rigs.
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope someone reads this. Getting ready to head out to Nashville, currently have reservations at Grand Ole Opey Campgrounds in Goodlettsville, TN. Anyone ever stayed there? Comments good or bad appreciated? Any recommendations for other sites closer? I still consider myself a novice at backing the 5th Wheel so maneuvering space is important to me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slhicks View Post
    Hope someone reads this. Getting ready to head out to Nashville, currently have reservations at Grand Ole Opey Campgrounds in Goodlettsville, TN. Anyone ever stayed there? Comments good or bad appreciated? Any recommendations for other sites closer? I still consider myself a novice at backing the 5th Wheel so maneuvering space is important to me.
    The campgrounds right around the Grand Ole Opry are mostly parking lots with a couple of shade trees - not attractive to me and my wife. We recently stayed at Nashville Shores campground which is right on Percy Priest Lake and adjacent/part of a water park and about 12 to 15 minutes from the Grand Ole Opry and Opryland Hotel. The sounds of the park were a little obnoxious at times (screams as people went down the slides, etc.) but the water park doesn't open till 10 and closes at 7 so no early morning or late night park noise. The campground is easy to get in and out of, has quite a few pull-thru sites and all with full hookups. Many large rigs were there when we visited two weeks ago; we used a back-in site and it was a piece of cake to back into. All sites are concrete pads and level left to right; some were a little sloped from front to back but that's not a problem.

We would go back there again for sure.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We spent a couple of nights at Safe Harbor Resort.

Our two complaints were that it was VERY expensive and many of the sites are across the water from a marina which brought a few noisy boaters playing loud music as they floated around on the water. Also, exiting the park with a trailer onto the very busy road can be an exercise in serious patience at peak traffic times of day.

However the park was well-managed, clean and safe, many sites waterfront on a large clean lake, good solid gravel pads, spacing between sites about typical (i.e. not generous), decent wi-fi and other services, and located within 15 minutes or so of many of the major attractions of Nashville.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two other popular state park campgrounds are at Montgomery Bell State Park which is 5 miles east of Dickson on Hwy 70. You take the Hwy 96 Fairview exit and turn north off of I-40. The other is at Henry Horton State Park which is approximately 30 miles south of town north of Chapel Hill. There are a few different ways to get there, but the easiest is I-840 Triune Exit (south of Nolensville)--turn south thru College Grove to the state park.

The city has an incredible number of tourist, historical and music sights to see. I could easily spend a week there.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stayed out at Cages Bend Campground on Old Hickory Lake. Small campground around 30 or so sites but absolutely gorgeous in a wonderful part of the suburbs with a giant Kroger store less than a mile a away and plenty of restaurants. Only drawback was driving into downtown when we wanted to go out there and the biggest drawback there is finding parking. Otherwise we had a very enjoyable trip with a quiet and relaxing campground to come back to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12