Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling problem

So, newbie, 2018 303RLS, shake down trip.

Parked, auto level success, slides out, all good, etc. Overnight we have listed to one side (curb) a bit. I would guess 2 degrees. Checked leveling system, it reads 1 degree.

Reason unknown but it is on gravel, we used blocks, etc so maybe sunk a bit but it doesn't look like it, but one thing at a time...

My question is, slides are out, can I hit Auto level again to square us back up? Do I need to retract slides, and then do?

TIA for any guidance.
    Rob
    Rob and Tiffany
    2017 F-350 Lariat CC SRW SB 6.7PSD 4WD, 3475# Payload
    2018 303RLS

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    boozygoose, probably first things first. Since this is new, it maybe not have been calibrated correctly from factory originally, mine was not. Start over and get it to a hard level spot and manually level it with a level, front to back and right to left. Then use the recalibration method as described in the book. There are posts here about that and I forget, but it is easy.

I cannot answer question about auto leveling with slides out but I never had any reason to since the idea of auto level is to level before you do that. If the ground gave way after a night, I could see it moving and then you could either shore it up or retract the slides and re..auto level.

If I can remember and can find the recalibration instructions, I will edit this unless somebody beats me to it.

Here's a comment: if auto level is not correct, reset you auto level reference point. The instruction are in the manual but basically it is, manually level the trailer , shut off the control 3 system, press front button 5 times, then press rear button 5 times, the system will turn on and follow screen for re-calibration.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, but yesterday when I used Auto level successfully, I checked it with bubble level variously around trailer. It was pretty dead on so likely doesn't need zeroed so to speak. Thanks for the help though.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t speak on the slides in or out. I have always done with them in. I would re-level and mark the jacks so that tomorrow you can see if they sagged or if it is the ground that changed.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's good to know and then, at least you removed that as a problem and was set up right originally. If you are still setup and camping, then I would try auto level while extended. Others have done that I read. Maybe ground did move. At least now you know how to recalibrate since many people have had to redo it occasionally.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm gonna give the Auto level a whirl and Mark the jacks as Jim suggested for tonight.
    Thank you both.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can level with the slides in or out. It doesn't matter. One thing I have found with the auto level is you want to be front high before you start the auto level. If you are going to re-level your RV it works best if you raise the rear levelers then raise the front and then start the auto level. Basically just start over. If you just start auto level from where it now sits it most likely won't do anything.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whether you auto level or have a trailer with manual leveling, it's okay to make level changes as needed with the rooms out. What you don't want to do is extend a slide while the trailer is significantly out of level. doing so can cause the slide to bind.

JIm

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always, thanks to everyone above for the excellent advice. So, I rolled the dice and hit the Autolevel. It made a couple of slight tweaks and reported "Success"
    I marked the stabilizers and will keep an eye on. Going forward, 2×12's will be coming with me.
    Thanks all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The manual does say to start with the front a little higher than level. I did it once with the front low and it did some weird things like moving the trailer sideways 6 inches or so before one landing gear went out of stroke. as to just hitting autolevel after it is level mine says it is level and does nothing. I will try it Randy's way next time
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast