User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your plan is to travel around give yourself sometime to get settled and make make big mods to fit your living needs before you hit the road.

Once on the road (if you going to travel) there will be a new list and you may end up shedding some of the initial "must haves"

As many have said what you think you will need and what you will need will change as you live and or travel in the rig awhile. Each will have their own list but all will have a list.

I not sure when that ends as we have only been 6 months and a few thousand miles in ours and still addicted to new "must haves" and getting our fix with UPS deliveries.

Breweraz

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the feedback & well wishes. It will be a long time before we retire/travel, so in the meantime our home base is Phoenix & making some vacation trips to the high country once it gets sizzling hot around here. For those that travel full time, I've heard it's very easy to establish a permanent residency in SD & that will save money on taxes too. http://www.americas-mailbox.com/
    I am going to have to look into upgrading to disc brakes, this trailer feels huge when trying to stop quickly!
    Best wishes to all.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Americas Mailbox is where we changed out domicile to. When you register at one of the RV parks in the area make sure you get a receipt with both you and your wife's full legal names.....that and your current driver's license is all you need. Americas Mailbox takes care of all your vehicle registration and they have an insurance broker on site so he will get you quotes from several different companies and then you choose one and go with it. We were at the Motor Vehicle about 20 min. and walked out with our new South Dakota driver's license.....no test or anything if your current license is valid. It all was so simple!

The disc brakes will quickly give you back your confidence in stopping.....huge difference!
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! We are also looking at the 337 and will purchase from Affinity when the time is right. Safe travels!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exactly our plan and you all make me want to do it tomorrow. We may if they drive up our property taxes again!

But for now in a couple years, we sell the house, pass on "stuff" to our kids and sell what they dont want. 3000 sq ft 5 Br / 3 bath home + 40 years of marriage, you collect a lot of stuff. We get rid of 3 cars and a 20 foot enclosed car trailer (initially used to move stuff to kids then sell) and a bunch of other things. About 6 months before we pull the trigger we upgrade to a 1 ton TV and use it to tow our Imagine 2950RL. Then right before we do it we intend to trade in the Imagine for a Reflection 337.

We plan to summer up in Indiana / Ohio where the kids and grandkids are then winter down here in south Texas either around here in Bastrop where our friends are or further south to Galveston Island.

We already have a plan in place for RV & TV insurance, financial / banking, medical prescriptions thru CVS, join Escapees RV Club, maintain our current Texas residence and convert totally to online statements & bill paying. We thought about having our Kids handle our mail, sort through it and forward anything to us important but that might confuse things since they live up in Ind / Ohio. We will probably just use the Escapees mail forwarding. It will probably will be junk mail anyway.

I have to decide what tools to keep from my auto shop and sell everything else. I'm compiling a list of what I think I might need. Keep my scanners & voltage meters, electric small chain saw, jig, circular saw, drill, some metric and SAE stuff & various hand tools, a couple large jack stands and the like. But all this kind of stuff is heavy and will add up the weight quickly. Got to keep it down. What kind of tools do you all use or need most often?

I have to resign myself to the fact that I wont be able to do most repairs to the RV or TV other than simple stuff. I wont have a place to do it or the tools. Like fluid changes, bearing repacking and the like, what am I going to do with the old oil? I'll have to use dealerships for this kind of stuff. That increases the out of pocket costs to have an RV dealership do necessary maintenance or TV dealerships to complete regular maintenance. I've been trying to factor in all this kind of thing into the costs of going full time.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wife and I just went through Austin and Bastrop this week. Beautiful country. And the Buc-ees in Bastrop was almost worth the trip in and of itself! I mean, there are your usual travel stops and then there is that monstrosity. I was impressed.

Came back to our home and acreage in Tucson and with all the work around here we're wondering why we came back. Good luck with your planning. Sounds like you are doing it right and you'll be prepared.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon T View Post
    Wife and I just went through Austin and Bastrop this week. Beautiful country. And the Buc-ees in Bastrop was almost worth the trip in and of itself! I mean, there are your usual travel stops and then there is that monstrosity. I was impressed.

Came back to our home and acreage in Tucson and with all the work around here we're wondering why we came back. Good luck with your planning. Sounds like you are doing it right and you'll be prepared.
    Leon, glad you had a great trip! Yup the Bastrop Buc-ees is ....... unique? the DW and I have lived in Calif Fresno, Ind (extreme north & extreme south) , Ohio Dayton, Tenn Memphis and now Tx Austin. Each place has had its own charm but we like Central Texas the most.
    My gosh, if you want territorial and climate diversity, Dallas to Houston, El Paso to Lakeview / Texarkana. Austin area has somewhat a mix of all. The area around Bastrop 29 miles south and east of Austin is exploding in RV resorts and long term RV living. There are now 7 immediately around Bastrop and 11 surrounding. Not counting State Parks. From $475 / month to $600 depending on amenities, all with full hook ups 30-50 amp. some metered most not, most include Cable TV and WiFi. $34 / night to $50. Some go up to $75 / night during COTA (Circuit of The Americas) and SXSW (South by SouthWest) and ACL (Austin City Limits Music).

Enjoy Life
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember a time when folks who lived in their RV full-time were considered weird. Now I'm 50 and feeling the pull of full-timing. I live in a 2,000 sq ft home and use about half of it. Why am I paying to maintain, heat and cool it? Anyways, I bought a Reflection several months ago and love it, but I'm beginning to eye the Solitude 5er. LOVE the front living floor plan. IMHO, it's the best floor plan for full-time living because of the separation between the rooms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked up our future home: 2019 Solitude 375RES! Wow! Talk about storage! Not too much up front (outdoor kitchen in it), but tons of storage in the back with a Mor-Ryde sliding tray! We're going full-time next year. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by DoberGirl50 View Post
    I remember a time when folks who lived in their RV full-time were considered weird. Now I'm 50 and feeling the pull of full-timing. I live in a 2,000 sq ft home and use about half of it. Why am I paying to maintain, heat and cool it? Anyways, I bought a Reflection several months ago and love it, but I'm beginning to eye the Solitude 5er. LOVE the front living floor plan. IMHO, it's the best floor plan for full-time living because of the separation between the rooms.
    Keith & Victoria T.
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7L Cummings Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk about De Ja Vu! Your plan and ours are pretty much alike! We are planning to put our house (with RV garage) up for sale next year, and selling/giving/donating our stuff. My wife is going to retire, but I'll still be working on the road. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    This is exactly our plan and you all make me want to do it tomorrow. We may if they drive up our property taxes again!

But for now in a couple years, we sell the house, pass on "stuff" to our kids and sell what they dont want. 3000 sq ft 5 Br / 3 bath home + 40 years of marriage, you collect a lot of stuff. We get rid of 3 cars and a 20 foot enclosed car trailer (initially used to move stuff to kids then sell) and a bunch of other things. About 6 months before we pull the trigger we upgrade to a 1 ton TV and use it to tow our Imagine 2950RL. Then right before we do it we intend to trade in the Imagine for a Reflection 337.

We plan to summer up in Indiana / Ohio where the kids and grandkids are then winter down here in south Texas either around here in Bastrop where our friends are or further south to Galveston Island.

We already have a plan in place for RV & TV insurance, financial / banking, medical prescriptions thru CVS, join Escapees RV Club, maintain our current Texas residence and convert totally to online statements & bill paying. We thought about having our Kids handle our mail, sort through it and forward anything to us important but that might confuse things since they live up in Ind / Ohio. We will probably just use the Escapees mail forwarding. It will probably will be junk mail anyway.

I have to decide what tools to keep from my auto shop and sell everything else. I'm compiling a list of what I think I might need. Keep my scanners & voltage meters, electric small chain saw, jig, circular saw, drill, some metric and SAE stuff & various hand tools, a couple large jack stands and the like. But all this kind of stuff is heavy and will add up the weight quickly. Got to keep it down. What kind of tools do you all use or need most often?

I have to resign myself to the fact that I wont be able to do most repairs to the RV or TV other than simple stuff. I wont have a place to do it or the tools. Like fluid changes, bearing repacking and the like, what am I going to do with the old oil? I'll have to use dealerships for this kind of stuff. That increases the out of pocket costs to have an RV dealership do necessary maintenance or TV dealerships to complete regular maintenance. I've been trying to factor in all this kind of thing into the costs of going full time.
    Keith & Victoria T.
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7L Cummings Diesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast