User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to full timing

The wife & I finally decided to downsize. Sold a 2800 sq/ft house & paid cash for 2018 Reflection 337RLS. Originally planned on Solitude 310GK but decided to save money if this "new life" does not work out as planned & also much better match for my 2500HD to tow. Using the equity out of our house, paying off all outstanding debt. Wow, that feels so good!
    We are 59 & 60 & looking at saving more towards retirement now that we can live on the "cheap". It's refreshing also to have nice neighbors who talk to you, something our modern culture has lost in America.

Took delivery 1/12 from Affinity RV in Prescott, AZ (fantastic dealership). Custom ordered our new home so we could get queen bed & dual pane windows to keep out the brutal AZ summer heat. Very happy we waited & got the "late 2018" model. They now have black out blinds, upgraded appliances & larger fireplace & TV. The overall quality, fit & finish is second to none. Almost felt like they had me looking over their shoulder at the plant while building this unit! We looked at a lot of units & GD can't be outdone in value.

Our only disappointment so far is the Furrion "convection" oven. It is a total piece of crap & I posted on another thread. Also, sound system is cheap RV stuff. Plan on upgrading to a bluetooth surround system sometime in the future. Anxious to hear any feedback. Blessings to my fellow full timers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jokerman, congratulations on your new RV and lifestyle. While I’m not a full timer, considered it many times. I think you will like it!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the full timing life style. We pretty much did the same thing in 2011. We said we are going on a 5 year mission to find the perfect place to live. Bad news, didn't find it, so we extended the mission another 5 years.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to our group!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. The 337 is a very nice trailer. Now the fun begins
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, very similar here as well. Our house closing is March 28th and i have been trying my best to get things ready, winter temps, snow etc really can suck when you are trying to accomplish things. LOL Not sure what you mean by larger tv and black out shades....ours came with the 40" tv and fireplace, black out roller shades etc.....built around October, November......congrats again.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started fulltiming in 2008, almost 10 years now. Love it and haven't looked back. Only time I missed anything is when I was cutting some blocks to put under the stabilizers, as anal as I am, did not have my table saw.

Anyway, we too have been looking at that perfect place to live and haven't found it yet. So we'll continue traveling this great country as long a we can. However we did make our new "home base" in south central Texas (Hill Country) which is our Winter home.

Just make sure your RV insurance company know that you are now full time and increase your liability insurance on the RV. Make sure your health insurance is portable for use anywhere in the country. There are other things to consider, but those are the biggies.

Enjoy your travels and maybe we'll meet up one day.
    John & Joyce
    2017 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ford F-450 King Ranch
    I'd Rather Have More Truck Than I Need Than Need More Truck Than I Have

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome! Starting our 5th year of full timing, still going strong.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Jokerman! You chose well! I'm sure you're going to love that Reflection!
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2017 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Short Box, 4x4, SRW, Cummins 6.7
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Oth...dStatesMap.gif

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and welcome to the full time lifestyle.

I retired on Sept. 12th of last year and we left San Diego the same day. Went to Colorado, Black Hills and Mt. Rushmore area of South Dakota, down to Norman, Ok. to get the disc brakes then to the Ozarks of Northwest Ark. for a couple of months and finally to Texas for the winter. We went as far south as McAllan (the Mexico boarder) where it snowed. After weeks of below freezing temps, we finally headed here to Florida where it was 89F here yesterday.

We've been here in Florida for a few weeks and are having a great time running around exploring this state. Plan to spend a few days down in Key West next month. RV space is very pricey right now as this is their peak season. Late Mar. we'll gradually start to head places like the Biltmore Mansion in North Carolina, Ruby Falls and Rock City in Chattanooga, Nashville, etc. Looking forward to an exciting summer.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast