User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took it one step further. Myself and a friend each bought a Champion 2000 and he bought the parallel setup. Neither though we would need 2 generators but each thought that one light one would be necessary. He also has back problem and the 100# is a lot. If we thought that we would need both, then we borrow the other one. We have only used it minimal but sure is a nice unit. The Honda is awesome but for our needs, could not justify the cost.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great discussion! Had a Champion 3500/4000 Hybrid. Very quiet. However with fuel it was over a 100 pounds. Too heavy for me. Sold it. BTW we ran our 15K AC with 12 Amps on the surge protector.

Plan B is a Honda 2200 with a Microair Easystart.
    Plan C: Microair is now recommending the Westinghouse iGen 2500 (which has a recall for overheating). Wonder if it would run a 15K AC without a Microair Easystart?
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [I can unload the Honda one at a time. A lot easier then unloading one champion. I'm glad you are having good luck with your champion, but they are no where near as good as a Honda. If your looking for a cheater way out, then champion may work for you. If your in it for the long haul, Honda it's kingQUOTE=warsw1;147966]X-2. I went this route after using two 2K watt generators in parallel for two weeks. What I found is that even though one 2K watt generator is fairly quit two are not as quit as one 3500 watt Champion. Two 2K watt generators will use way more gas than one 3500 watt generator. Setting up two 2K watt generators is enough more work that you find yourself just skipping it. Two 2K watt generators weigh about 110 lbs and take up more room than a 90 lb 3500 watt Champion. The champion has remote start which is super nice in the mornings when you first get up and want to make that pot of coffee. The Champion will start and run my 15K AC even at 7K foot elevation. I really like a single Generator over messing with two. All of this for the price of one 2K watt Honda. Just my humble opinion.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CHAMP...ER/2236565.uts[/QUOTE]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We haven't yet purchased our 337rls but I know we'll want a generator so I'm planning ahead. I see there's a lot of concern about the weight of a larger unit and lift it. Is it possible to keep it in the back of your pickup or somehow mount it in the front underneath storage area? I saw a Momentum toy hauler with one in a front compartment. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuckners View Post
    We haven't yet purchased our 337rls but I know we'll want a generator so I'm planning ahead. I see there's a lot of concern about the weight of a larger unit and lift it. Is it possible to keep it in the back of your pickup or somehow mount it in the front underneath storage area? I saw a Momentum toy hauler with one in a front compartment. Thoughts?
    I have a Champion 3000/3400 generator that I use the front-end loader on my truck to load. There was a time, when trucks weren't so high and I was younger, that I wouldn't have used the tractor, but I'm not out to show off these days. In the hottest part of the summer when I need to run both AC units at the same time, I'll probably use this generator. However, this spring I found the Ryobi 2300w generator and I love it. I can easily load it in the bed of the truck or basement of our 337 by myself. It runs a single AC unit with enough left over to charge the batteries. Its quiet, and it sips fuel. It is perfect for my needs. I find that I tend to bring this generator along even when I don't expect to need it and it has come in handy a couple of time when the park lost power or we made a quick overnight stop.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely can keep it in your truck bed. I keep my 2 champion generators in my front bay either side by side or stacked onto of each other (using straps to keep them in place). So yes, you can keep it in your front bay. They even have larger ONAN propane generators that they mount there (see the cut-outs in the metal floor). Don't forget, if you want to run it in the bay, you will somehow have to vent the exhaust out of the bay or move the generator outside the bay.
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the subject of portable generators, I recently purchased a Honda EU3000i Handi and more of less have completed my setup, including moving the 50 amp power cable port to the rear of the trailer and installing a receiver hitch mounted cargo carrier. I've updated by web page with details and my observations. Check it out at http://www.klenger.net/eu3000i-handi.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234