User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ready to purchase 2 Honda Generators

Hello fellow RVers, I'm considering my generator purchase now. I've read some comments from various people who have considered and purchased different brands. Honda seems to be the gold standard but pricey.
    1st. Question... Will a generator combo with a 4000watt/30amp output be adaquate for my 320 MKS Reflection equipped with one air conditioner?

2nd. Does anyone equip there RV's with a generator or generators with 50Amp output?

I'm a first timer getting ready to hit the road next month so pardon the naïve questions. I first thought since my RV is a 50 Amp system that I should match its capacity but the more I look at what others are doing its seem that a 30Amp setup is what's being used. I'm assuming due to noise/weight and cost??

Anyway, I priced some brands last month and just took a peek again at the prices. The Honda EU2000i/
    EU2000ic combo with a combined 4,000watts/30Amps went from $1,760 down today to $1,488 on Amazon!

Not sure but considering that Honda is the gold standard at this price point, it looks to me like a screaming deal right now...
    What do you folks think? If it's a unanimous YES vote, I'm purchasing TODAY!

Update:
    I made the purchase on Amazon just now for $1,685. Peace of mind. The price started at $1,760 last month to $1,488, $2,199 yesterday to $1,665 just now. What the heck.... Thank you all for the input. I'm sure I made a good choice.
    Last edited by CoconutJoe; 02-11-2018 at 01:42 PM. Reason: I made the purchase!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!! That's a great price!

I've had 2 EU2000i's since at least 2000. I just decided that rather than put an LP fuel hog generator in the 310GK I ordered I'd just go back to using the Honda(s) when necessary. I'll probably carry one all the time and take both if I plan on extended boon docking (like at a NASCAR race).

I can tell you the run perfect, are easy to start, and are VERY quiet. Quiet enough (even at high output) to keep nearby and still allow for a normal conversation around the campfire.

I built my own parallel adapter but would probably just buy one today. I also purchased extra fuel tank caps and drilled them out so I could run a fuel line to both from a single external tank for extended times (even taking the external tank to refuel while letting the Hondas continue to rum).

I don't think you can go wrong with Hondas. I'd do it again even tho others have copied the Hondas and are less expensive. I have no experience with other brands.

oh - it's only a 30 amp configuration but still plenty for one AC and other loads like the residential refrig & lights. We do turn the AC to fan only when the DW runs a hair dryer and we don't use an electric frying pan when on generator.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be going for one Champion 3500 watt inverter generator for around $800. The deluxe model with electric start and remote control is just under $1k.

They are 90% as good as the Honda for car less than 50% of the cost. And the company actually has fantastic customer service.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I didn't know the EU2200i is replacing the EU2000. Honda New Release
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoconutJoe View Post
    Not sure but considering that Honda is the gold standard at this price point, it looks to me like a screaming deal right now...
    What do you folks think? If it's a unanimous YES vote, I'm purchasing TODAY!
    Yes, that's a screaming deal. I think I paid around $1,900 for mine. Buy, buy, buy!!!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Well I didn't know the EU2200i is replacing the EU2000. Honda New Release
    Well that explains the price drop of the "old" model.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One Honda 2000w gen may be enough to pull a single AC. If not, it very likely will with a Micro-air start unit. I tried to do this with a Champion 2000w unit and it wouldn't start, but Micro-air's (excellent) customer support guy said that the Honda would start a 15k AC. When not running the AC, that size generator will keep the batteries up.

I've been debating a single 3000+ unit that will run everything or a single 2000w unit that will do what I need it to do if I do a little power management.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 2 of the Honda 2000i generators. We got a great price at electricgeneratordepot.com - beat every other price we found online or in store. We run 1 AC, hubby's CPAP, tv or stereo, and charge phones with them running parallel. We have not tried the AC with just one running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding a true 50 amp RV generator: 50 Amp RV service is actually two 50 amp legs at 120 VAC each for a total of 12,000 watts. The only place you are likely to find a generator of that capacity in an RV is in at high-end diesel pusher motor home. I suspect the cost of the generator alone is over $10,000.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the introduction of the new EU2200i got my interest and I found this press release from Honda. Availability spring 2018. I did see an ad for an EU22i in New Zealand with an over $2000 price tag, but I assume that is in New Zealand currency.

http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/...0817-(002).pdf

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast