Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hydraulics

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hydraulics

While preparing to depart Manitoba in Dec this winter (severe cold sub 0 F temperatures) I overtaxed components in my hydraulics (2015 Momentum 380TH). The leveling rams would only move .5-1” at a time. I managed to retract all rams and extend the landing gear the first night in St Paul MN. When I tried to leave the curb side ram retracted but the system failed completely with the driver side ram extended 8 “. I was able to bypass the landing gear hydraulic valve and manually push the ram back but it equalized pressure on the curb side ram leaving each ram extended 4”.
    I stopped at Camping World in Tulsa and they diagnosed a failed solenoid but didn’t have it in stock so they advised me to continue to my destination and have it fixed there.
    I had the solenoid replaced here in Canyon Lake Tx and it still didn’t work. Next they replaced the auto reset breaker between the battery and solenoid and the system worked but now the Slide Outs operate at the same time as the leveling rams. The tech thinks it’s one of the hydraulic valves stuck open. Can anyone shed light on how the slides and landing gear are kept separate from each other?
    One thing I screwed up initially was that I zeroed out the easyup panel while the first ram was still extended the 8”. Could this affect the separation of slides and leveling rams?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is a band aid, but there are isolation valves for the slide hydraulics in the curb side propane compartment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the tech may be correct about a sticking solenoid.

When the pump runs the entire system is pressurized. Only “things” that should move are the ones with an open solenoid. If the slides are moving with the landing gear this points to the slides solenoid.

Couple of options for testing:

1. As suggested above at the isolation valve close both valves. This will shut off fluid to the slide hydraulics.

2. In the owner’s manual is the procedure for manually opening/closing the solenoid. Try this on the slide solenoid. It may unstick the solenoid.

3. If the electric system is messed up (I don’t think this is the issue), disconnect power from the slide solenoid. The slide shouldn’t move when the jacks are operated. If the slides do move then symptoms point to a stuck solenoid.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I’ll talk to the tech this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk