User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a winter escape w golf and kiteboarding nearby

Hello again. We're not new to RVing, but have a new 5th wheel and a new lifestyle. We've been escaping to Mexico on 5 week trips the last few years, but will be fully retired and want to escape for a longer period in our new RV next winter. The ideal spot would be WARM and near water and golf. We always prefer parks with some privacy and space (trees?) as opposed to parking lots. I've recently taken up kiteboarding. It would be helpful if you could provide your observations regarding any KB activity.

Thanks.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My lease is at The Glades RV Resort and Marina, Moore Haven, Florida. There is a 9 hole golf course and driving range right next to the campground. I've walked to the first hole with my walking cart before. It's on the Caloosahatchie Canal that goes between Ft. Myers and Lake Okeechobee. I'm not familiar with kiteboarding. I haven't seen any water skiers on the canal or river when I've sat down there drinking beer and watching, just big yachts cruising between the coasts.

Pretty much the only trees there are palms, not a ton of shade. There's a parasailing/ultralight plane place across the road, I see them fly over all the time. A sheriff dept. operated rifle and pistol range about 2 miles away also.

It's the perfect place for us. Unfortunately we couldn't make it down there this winter so our rent is going for nothing this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
    My lease is at The Glades RV Resort and Marina, Moore Haven, Florida. There is a 9 hole golf course and driving range right next to the campground. ....
    It's the perfect place for us. Unfortunately we couldn't make it down there this winter so our rent is going for nothing this year.
    Thanks. I pulled up the park on Google Maps. It's right in the middle of the state. I'm sure it's warm there. I used to live in Ft Lauderdale. I wonder if they kiteboard on Lake O. I don't see the golf course. Is it new? Do you mind if I ask what is the rent price?
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many, many RV parks all over Florida. It seems the more to the center of the state, the larger the spaces are. We retired in San Diego last Sept. and are currently at Olde Mill Stream RV Resort in Umatilla, Fl. It's a 55+ rv park and they have a lot going on and it's very spacious and quiet. Also, very friendly people here.

This is in Lake County where it's quite possible they have more little lakes than the do people. LOL I haven't saw any kiteboarding around here.....most of the lakes have signs warning of alligators. Even the lake here in the rv park has that warning although I've never seen a gator here or any of the other rv parks that we've been in here in Fl.

There are a lot of kiteboarders on the strand just south of Coronado, Ca. (San Diego) and there are a number of rv parks around there. Anywhere it's warm in the winter it's going to be crowded with snow birders so you need to make your reservations now, for next winter.

There's also a number of 55+ rv parks around Sebring, Fl (where the race track is located) and I know there are several golf courses in that town.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surfintom View Post
    Thanks. I pulled up the park on Google Maps. It's right in the middle of the state. I'm sure it's warm there. I used to live in Ft Lauderdale. I wonder if they kiteboard on Lake O. I don't see the golf course. Is it new? Do you mind if I ask what is the rent price?
    300 per month plus electric all year for me. 3600. Shorter terms are a lot more per month. I would have posted the website with the rates but didn't know if it was allowed here.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
    300 per month plus electric all year for me. 3600. Shorter terms are a lot more per month. I would have posted the website with the rates but didn't know if it was allowed here.

Forgot to say the golf course isn't new.