Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: NEW 290BH Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEW 290BH Owner

I just purchased a 290BH to go RVing with the family. Anyone have any first time RV suggestions in FL? Also any recommendations on Checklist before and after. In General just looking for any help for a first time RVer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good choice on the rig. And welcome to the forum. First thing we do at the start of every season and when we first get a camper is camp in our driveway I mean full camp there. like cook, shower, hang out under the awning, run the heat. Might not can run the Ac there but test what u can. What we found on our test run 2 weeks ago was the mattress sucked big time worst I ever been on in a Rv. Well for me anyways, the furnace was blowing heat every where but out of the vents” a call to GD got me fixed up” we got some 3m hvac tape an fixed the gaps, a leak at the slide, a 1 inch oops spot of missing sealant on top gasket, shower leaking water under the door into the floor also a gap of missing sealant. Then over the weekend we took a trip up to the NC mountains to look at the amazing views!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What sewer hose fits best in the storage tube under the unit? The inside diameter measures ~4.5".

Thank you for any help

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SundayRV View Post
    What sewer hose fits best in the storage tube under the unit? The inside diameter measures ~4.5".

Thank you for any help
    I bought a 20’ rhino hose (2 10’ sections) with the 90 deg elbow and adaptor fitting as a kit. I keep a 10’ section and the elbow/adaptor i. The tube and the 2nd hose in the storage area if needed. I still have not used the second section but have it JIC. It will hold one 15’ piece but not all 20’. I tried a couple other brands and they did not fit right.
    http://www.campingworld.com/rhinofle...l-rv-sewer-kit

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    I bought a 20’ rhino hose (2 10’ sections) with the 90 deg elbow and adaptor fitting as a kit. I keep a 10’ section and the elbow/adaptor i. The tube and the 2nd hose in the storage area if needed. I still have not used the second section but have it JIC. It will hold one 15’ piece but not all 20’. I tried a couple other brands and they did not fit right.
    http://www.campingworld.com/rhinofle...l-rv-sewer-kit

Jim
    Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk