Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I sincerely appreciate it

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OIF/OEFveteran View Post
    Any recommendations where to buy 6/3 with ground? All I find online are large bundles (125 ft +)
    I just installed a EMS-HW50C in my 337 2 weeks ago. I bought 3 feet of 6/3 Southwire Romex from a Home Depot. That’s the exact wire that is used by Grand Design. I mounted it behind the circuit breaker box.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwir...0099/204632777 it’s about $3/foot. You will need a sturdy cable cutter. I have one like this one https://www.homedepot.com/p/Wiss-9-1...CSJW/205208788

Wire the output side with the new wire first. The most difficult part is maneuvering the stiff #6 wires. Especially the load side where you need to slip the amp probes on the wires. Hint slip the probes on the black and red wires, insert them into the hold down lugs and tighten. Then maneuver the white wire into the center lug and tighten. Not much room in the EMS.

Then wire the input wires into the EMS box.

Place the EMS behind the circuit breaker box and bend or loop the 3 foot wire so that there’s little strain where it enters the CB box.

It’s tight behind the CB panel. If I would do it today I’d probobly buy 10 feet of wire and mount the EMS in the basement behind the basement wall. The romex at $3/ft is cheap. 10 feet can always be cut shorter.

Jerry

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry - thank you for the pictures - they are greatly appreciated!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need more flexible 6 Ga wire, this is available at a marine supplier. ABYC requires more strands of finer wire to meet their requirements for vibration durability. This also means that the wire is much more flexible . . . but, it does cost considerably more .

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 43884_std_1467203375.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I went to the dealership today to pick up my new GD 290bh. The dealer sold me on a free standing Hughes surge 50a surge protector, mostly because the GD 50 series 290bh didn’t have enough space inside the rig for the EMS-HW50c to be mounted.

I kept the receipt because I was hoping for some feedback from anyone whose used the Huges surge protector before.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a 2018 GD 150 series 290bh and am considering installing an EMS-HW50c.

Is it worth it to install this surge protector OR does the rig come installed with an equally invaluable surge protection system?
    I've had one for a while - love it - totally transparent and effective protection. If you've every left a $150 "dogbone" on a power pedestal (that likely didn't provide all of the protection claimed anyway), you would instantly see the value of a permanently installed SP.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good to read these comments. I bought an HW50 on Amazon and had it shipped to dealer to install before I pick up my 2017 27RL next week.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a 2018 GD 150 series 290bh and am considering installing an EMS-HW50c.

Is it worth it to install this surge protector OR does the rig come installed with an equally invaluable surge protection system?
    I don't think any of them come with a surge protector.

As to whether it's "worth it". That's the model surge protector we have. Saved us a lot of headache last month in the RV park we were at. They had really wonky electrical service and the surge protector shut down the power on our rig like 5 times that week.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used this wire for mine. Very flexible and nice length for the project.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast