User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking to add the EMS-HW50C to our 337RLS. Does anyone have any tips and picot their installs? Not sure if I want to put it right behind the fuze box or down in the garage area behind the wall.
    How much is it to remove the wall in the garage area, is there room to work behind there?
    Also thought about mounting the monitor up by the rest of the control panel. TIA
    2019 Reflection 337 RLS
    2017 F350 CC 4X4 SB
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtm222 View Post
    Looking to add the EMS-HW50C to our 337RLS. Does anyone have any tips and picot their installs? Not sure if I want to put it right behind the fuze box or down in the garage area behind the wall.
    How much is it to remove the wall in the garage area, is there room to work behind there?
    Also thought about mounting the monitor up by the rest of the control panel. TIA
    I put my EMS-HW50C behind the breaker box. If I were to do it again I’d mount it behind the wall down below. It gets crowded behind the breaker box.

I’d buy a 6 foot piece of 6/3 NM-B from Home Depot, https://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwir...0099/204632777 connect that to the breaker box and EMS and run the original wire that was connected to the breakers to the EMS Down below.

There’s plenty of room below behind the wall. You need a #2 Robertson square drive screw driver to remove a few screws.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thought , I have found that my power panel is in the bottom of the hutch and there is a drawer on the bottom as well right beside the power panel. I think there is enough room under that drawer to mount an EMS. This is after I already mounted it behind the wall in the pass thru. Plenty of room in there just don't let the jumble of wires and hoses scare you. Fishing the wire for the monitor up to the convenience center was a trick though.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I put my EMS-HW50C behind the breaker box. If I were to do it again I’d mount it behind the wall down below. It gets crowded behind the breaker box.

I’d buy a 6 foot piece of 6/3 NM-B from Home Depot, https://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwir...0099/204632777 connect that to the breaker box and EMS and run the original wire that was connected to the breakers to the EMS Down below.

There’s plenty of room below behind the wall. You need a #2 Robertson square drive screw driver to remove a few screws.
    I agree. Did exactly the same thing. Behind the wall would’ve been easier except unloading all the crap in the basement!

2018 Reflection 295RL
    2019 F-250 Platinum
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 Ford F-250

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put one in a 394M a couple of weeks ago, in the basement behind the wall. Other than me being old and not a contortionist, pretty easy job.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had to replace ours. The old unit died completely, and the bad thing was I could not find the original receipt. I ended up buying a new one, and scavenged some parts off of the original for future use. It was a pretty easy replacement. As everyone noted, pre-wire the output side on a workbench/desk/table, then put in in. I have a photo at http://rvhome.school/Our-RV.html at the bottom of the page.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtm222 View Post
    I have a 315...so may or not apply: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...0C-(Any-Tips-)

Post #12 in that thread has a PDF with a write-up detailing how I installed mine.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mounted mine behind the electrical service panel in the bedroom in my 285BHTS. There was plenty of space for everything and I even took a few pictures on my build thread of it. Since then I have gone in an rearranged some things to make it a bit nicer. I used 6/3 with ground wire from Lowes. It was a left over coil of about 10 feet i had when I was doing some work around the house. I made 2 pig tails. The problem was the first pig tail was too short by about 8 inches even though I used about 26 inches of 6/3. The next one I had was 3 feet and it work well for my application. Currently, I can reverse the install if needed bring the original service wire connection back into the panel directly from the electrical service connection on the out side. So do not use your incoming service as part of the install. I would leave it alone only to shorten the legs for use inside the EMS. I had a problem with my EMS on a one of my first trips. I troubleshot the problem to the EMS and I was able to eliminate it from the circuit and rewire the trailer for service. I spoke with a progressive tech and he said we will send you a new one. Installed the new one and everything has been fine ever since.

Good luck to all of those future installs.
    Last edited by FordmanNJ; 03-21-2019 at 06:29 AM. Reason: forgot something
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI I just installed an EMS on my Imagine 2800BH see attached file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails INSTALLING PROGRESSIVE EMS.pdf  
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the tips. I ended up putting mine behind the breaker box since I didn't have time to unload the basement and remove those panels. I mounted the monitor just above the breaker door in the little cut out area of the cabinet.
    2019 Reflection 337 RLS
    2017 F350 CC 4X4 SB
    B&W Companion Slider

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast