Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2800BH AC enough for Texas heat?

Contemplating purchase of an Imagine 2800BH with use primarily in Texas (Central TX, so less humidity than the coast). Can anyone share first-hand experience on how the single AC unit keeps up with the Texas heat? Don't want to find myself miserable camping in the summer and end up with buyer's remorse. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to get some info on this also. It is the 15k Ac system just wish is was a option to get a 2nd unit prewired. And whisper quite system. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about a 2800BH, but I had a 30' fiver with a single 15k AC and it was marginal during the hottest part of the South Texas summer. If you started early and got things cooled down early it was doable, but if things got heat soaked there's no way it would keep up. Get two AC's and you won't have to worry about it.

Nice thing about my 337 with two ducted AC's is I can run the BR AC during the day and LR AC during the evening if I don't need both at the same time.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    I don't know about a 2800BH, but I had a 30' fiver with a single 15k AC and it was marginal during the hottest part of the South Texas summer. If you started early and got things cooled down early it was doable, but if things got heat soaked there's no way it would keep up. Get two AC's and you won't have to worry about it.

Nice thing about my 337 with two ducted AC's is I can run the BR AC during the day and LR AC during the evening if I don't need both at the same time.
    Thanks. 2800BH has 30 amp service, and therefore no factory option for a 2nd AC.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our maiden voyage was last September. Temps were unseasonably hot for Indiana. Mid 90 s. The ac did a great job keeping us comfortable. As was said previously, get it cool in the morning before the mid day heat and it's fine.
    And remember, most manufacturers install 13.5 ac units in campers this size. GD uses a 15000 unit.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jking46 View Post
    Our maiden voyage was last September. Temps were unseasonably hot for Indiana. Mid 90 s. The ac did a great job keeping us comfortable. As was said previously, get it cool in the morning before the mid day heat and it's fine.
    And remember, most manufacturers install 13.5 ac units in campers this size. GD uses a 15000 unit.
    Thank you. Imagined the better insulated Grand Designs would do better than other brands. Good to hear mid-90's stayed comfortable.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD0wner View Post
    Contemplating purchase of an Imagine 2800BH with use primarily in Texas (Central TX, so less humidity than the coast). Can anyone share first-hand experience on how the single AC unit keeps up with the Texas heat? Don't want to find myself miserable camping in the summer and end up with buyer's remorse. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
    GD0wner - I’m in San Antonio the wife and I camped in our 2600RB at Choke Canyon State Park near Three Rivers. It was 100+ in June and had no issues at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD0wner View Post
    Thanks. 2800BH has 30 amp service, and therefore no factory option for a 2nd AC.
    I just picked up a 2019 2800bh with 50amp service and dual ac units, so it is an option now.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G3502800 View Post
    I just picked up a 2019 2800bh with 50amp service and dual ac units, so it is an option now.
    Saw that option became available some time during during this year. Glad they added it, as I'd rather have more capacity and not need it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice

2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast