Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attached is a pic. of our black tank vacuum breaker located behind our shower in the corner and it looks just like the one DMB posted. I suspect if DMB gets a shot of the top of the pipe above the "T" Curtis mentioned, you will see the AAV like in the second picture from our BR sink attached. Our originals installed at build by GDRV were cheap black ones as shown in the third picture (far left AAV) and I replaced with the higher quality brand (white one) Tucson Jim recommended a couple years ago after using a cheaper one (the middle black one.) Lesson learned, listen to Jim.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160728_133126.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	11390Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160825_150526.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	11391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160825_145801.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	11392

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanting to congratulate Rob as usual .... he is 100% accurate. I visited Southaven RV today and looked for the breaker/check valve in a new Reflection 337, in a 150 series 295, and a Solitude 374. All of them had the $5.00 AAV that is routinely placed on stack pipes under the kitchen sink and bathroom lavatory. The only one that had the breaker/check valve visible under the lavatory was the 150 series 295.

In short - it is definitely the blank tank flush line check valve and NOT the AAV as I was told by a service rep at a dealership other than Southaven RV.

Now I'm wondering where the check valve is on a 2018 Reflection 337 because I never was able to find it and the salesman didn't even know what it was !!
    RK
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    Now I'm wondering where the check valve is on a 2018 Reflection 337 because I never was able to find it and the salesman didn't even know what it was !!
    RK
    Hi Rich - The vacuum break is usually up behind the shower wall. On a 337, I think you can find it behind a closet access panel. In the 303, you have to go in through an access panel in the shower stall . . . and the valve may or may not be close enough to reach. A real PITA.

While we are on this topic . . . there is no reason for these things to be so inaccessible. The RVIA requirement is reportedly that this valve has to be higher than the rim of the toilet bowl. This logic ignores the positive closing ball valve in the toilet flush. Since these vacuum break valves have a reputation for leaking, my plan is to relocate mine to some place more accessible . . . even if I can't get it higher than the toilet rim. If it is above the black tank and above the inlet, it will perform its function and drain in both directions when inlet pressure is removed. This will remove the possibility of any siphon action from the black tank back to the feed hose.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob - Roger on finding the check valve behind an access panel in the shower on a 303. Thanks for the tip for it being behind a closet wall in a 337. I closed a deal today on a new 337 and will pick it up in about 10 days. The service guys said they will find the check valve before I pick it up. uhhhh yeah, I know they will ! HA! That will be one of the first things I replace with a brass valve instead of the plastic will leak valve. Only in an RV do I look for things to replace before buying it.

Hope you have a great Friday Rob.
    Rich
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a check valve, vacuum breaker. I found the hose connections leaking on mine and had the black tank smell in the unit after two days.
    I traced the problem from the leaking water when I was flushing the black tank. Mine was accessed behind a panel in the kitchen cabinet.
    I tightened all the water line connections I could find to prevent anymore leaks. Most of them were loose.
    2014 GMC Denali 3500HD
    Demco Recon, gooseneck ball mounted
    Solitude 366DEN

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    Wanting to congratulate Rob as usual .... he is 100% accurate. I visited Southaven RV today and looked for the breaker/check valve in a new Reflection 337, in a 150 series 295, and a Solitude 374. All of them had the $5.00 AAV that is routinely placed on stack pipes under the kitchen sink and bathroom lavatory. The only one that had the breaker/check valve visible under the lavatory was the 150 series 295.

In short - it is definitely the blank tank flush line check valve and NOT the AAV as I was told by a service rep at a dealership other than Southaven RV.

RK
    Mine is a 150 series 220RK. Should I replace the valve with another brand or type?
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DMB - If yours is located under the lavatory in plain sight, I would not recommend replacing it unless it fails. In our early model Reflection 303's the check valve was/is located behind the shower. It had to be accessed by removing a panel in the shower stall and then we had to hope it had not fallen to the floor, which made retrieval tricky. Here is the info on a better quality valve some folks have replaced their plastic ones with when a leak occurs.

Watts LF288A 1/2" Anti-Siphon Vacuum Breaker plus you may need a couple 1/2" brass nipples (Male threads on both ends)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, when replacing, keep in mind the OEM part has two components a vacuum break AND a check valve. I have never seen a brass vacuum break with a built in check valve so you will need that also. Some of the after market plastic ones have both components.
    Last edited by JCR GD; 02-19-2018 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Better choice of words
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen a brass one that didn't spit a little water each time it was called into service either.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12