Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

New forum software test.

Please go to https://www.mygrandrv.com/gdtest/ and try the new forum software. The information was current as of 2/12/18. Let me know what you think. For those of you on Mobile devices, there is no tapatalk. The software is supposed to be mobile friendly. I haven't done a whole lot of customizing on it, but I'd love your feedback concerning your thoughts.
    Thanks
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Chris,

I knew there was going to be some changes, I just hate getting used to new things. I was looking for a “new posts” button, but didn’t see one. I did find a “todays post”. Is that the closest thing to the new posts, which only give the user ones he hasn’t read?

Sorry I don’t have more to add, and I’m sure I’ll get accustomed to whatever you decide. Thanks for your efforts!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks interesting (in a good way ) will there be the avatars and pictures like we have now?
    Will be a learning process.
    Thanks for your time and effort.
    John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The "group function" is quite interesting.

Jim

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Chris - I did some tinkering with the new software. One issue was that I couldn't apparently post both a photograph and a hyperlink in the same post.

The moderator tools are pretty straightforward and self explanatory.

Inserting photos is simple and the size of the pictures are great when they are opened. Much better than the standard photo tool in our current software.

It is new, so some folks will likely get frustrated with the functionality at first, but all in all, I like it.

Jim

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems promising, like mentioned earlier, I really enjoy the "new posts" option or "what's new" activity stream, that's how I learned of this topic. On a side note, I couldn't locate this topic on the new software side even knowing what category it is located in. I primarily use Tapatalk, so this is a negative for me if the new software isn't compatible with Tapatalk. I'm curios to see how this works on a mobile device (on a desktop right now), and if there are any forum apps that support the new software.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another forum I'm on has been using that software for a while now. It works just fine with a mobile browser. I would like to see a button for "Mark Channels Read" moved to the top. I usually log on. and go to new posts. After I've read areas of interest, I like to mark the topics as read, then log out. Would be nice to be able to do that with out changing pages and scrolling all the way to the bottom, and then back again to log out. Otherwise, for me, it works well.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    ...I would like to see a button for "Mark Channels Read" moved to the top. I usually log on. and go to new posts. After I've read areas of interest, I like to mark the topics as read, then log out.
    I agree with "old guy"--this is how I like to read the forum, too.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used this software in other forums, it isn't much different to use and think it would be a fairly easy transition for most. It has a cleaner look and think once you tweak it it'll all be good. There are always some that will resist any change.

I did notice there is no quick links tab on top.
    As for working on a mobile device, no problems almost all my viewing is on android and have no issues
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I have done little customizing on the new forum. The avatars and signature pictures will come over if we migrate to this. Keep posting the things you would like to see, and the layout that you like, and I'll start playing with that. I had some troubles getting it up and running, and then they dropped a new version on it right after I got it on line. lol.

It runs much better than earlier versions have, and seems to be headed in the right direction. I need to correlate the other items of feedback and see how the requests for items maps out with what is being offered. I like the media rich features, the ability to link videos, and the handling of pictures better. Since that is a part of where we want to go, along with publishing user articles, and getting industry and manufacturer articles on line; I believe this could be a good starting point.

Then we can add the "Like" and "Thanks" buttons, utilize groups, and move the board in the direction we want it to go.
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast