User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone that has done the disc brake conversion have a new Chevy/GMC with integrated trailer brake, some of the actuators say they won't work with the Chevy/GMC integrated brake controller. I believe the titan controller has a module that needs to be used. I am thinking of adding the discs to my new 310gk, because the brakes are so poor, even after I rebuilt them with new parts and no more leaking seals.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve got a late 2015 Duramax and Titan Disks, no module or converter needed.

According to Ron Russell the owner until recently of Performance Trailer Brakes no module or converter has is needed on mid 2015 and later Chevrolet or GMC.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carnolddsm View Post
    We’ve got a late 2015 Duramax and Titan Disks, no module or converter needed.

According to Ron Russell the owner until recently of Performance Trailer Brakes no module or converter has is needed on mid 2015 and later Chevrolet or GMC.
    Which hydraulic actuator do you have?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    Does anyone that has done the disc brake conversion have a new Chevy/GMC with integrated trailer brake, some of the actuators say they won't work with the Chevy/GMC integrated brake controller. I believe the titan controller has a module that needs to be used. I am thinking of adding the discs to my new 310gk, because the brakes are so poor, even after I rebuilt them with new parts and no more leaking seals.
    If you buy the kit from Performance Trailer Braking, they will set you up with whatever is required. I think it's the best way to go - the boxes show up and you've got everything. If you go that way, I suggest that you buy an extra roll of brake line because what's included is barely enough. Also, dump the plastic holding clips and swap them for SS. Factory trailer brakes stink. I upgraded mine and did wet bolts and HD shackles at the same time - haven't looked back.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A call to Bill Halasyn (813-363-4685) at [email protected] will also sort out what works with what. Most systems come with the Titan actuator (a business recently acquired by Dexter) but there are other actuators available.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are three popular brake actuators that I have found, the Brake Rite, Dyna Star Marine, and the Dexter 751. By reading reviews, I am a little concerned on some of the negative reviews I have read about the titan unit with circuit board failures. (Let's just say grease on brakes 1% ) has reinforced my view on reviews. I will probably purchase my kit from etrailer and will probably go with a kodiak kit. The sale of my old truck will get to fund this project as soon as the check gets here, lol. I just purchased a 6x12 enclosed trailer to haul my atv in behind the 310GK so some extra braking is in order. I am also going to add electric brakes to the single axle 3500 lb axle. We camp a lot in the Big Horn mountains of Wyoming and the grades are killer, my trucks exhaust brake is awesome, but the electric brakes on the solitude are poor, and forget about panic stopping!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nuffsaid - the Brake Rite and the Titan actuators are the same device. There are some naming restrictions involved with the Dexter acquisition of this product from its original company. Before you buy from etrailer, you might give Bill a call. His "all in" price for a complete system might surprise you.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    There are three popular brake actuators that I have found, the Brake Rite, Dyna Star Marine, and the Dexter 751. By reading reviews, I am a little concerned on some of the negative reviews I have read about the titan unit with circuit board failures. (Let's just say grease on brakes 1% ) has reinforced my view on reviews. I will probably purchase my kit from etrailer and will probably go with a kodiak kit. The sale of my old truck will get to fund this project as soon as the check gets here, lol. I just purchased a 6x12 enclosed trailer to haul my atv in behind the 310GK so some extra braking is in order. I am also going to add electric brakes to the single axle 3500 lb axle. We camp a lot in the Big Horn mountains of Wyoming and the grades are killer, my trucks exhaust brake is awesome, but the electric brakes on the solitude are poor, and forget about panic stopping!
    Can't speak to the reviews (I usually take them with a grain of salt anyway) but my Titan has worked without problems. I don't think it matters as long as you get rid of the drums and select a controller with the correct specs. My exhaust brake is very effective also, but good trailer brakes help when you are getting pushed down a steep grade. Safe travels.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    A call to Bill Halasyn (813-363-4685) at [email protected] will also sort out what works with what. Most systems come with the Titan actuator (a business recently acquired by Dexter) but there are other actuators available.

Rob
    I finally found documentation that new Chevy integrated brake controller is compatible with electric over hydraulic actuator

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Nuffsaid - the Brake Rite and the Titan actuators are the same device. There are some naming restrictions involved with the Dexter acquisition of this product from its original company. Before you buy from etrailer, you might give Bill a call. His "all in" price for a complete system might surprise you.

Rob
    +1 for Bill at stopmytrailer.com

Price was good. Easy to talk to. Very knowledgeable. All Titan parts, Brakerite actuator, lines, hoses etc. just needed brake fluid.

Jerry
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast