Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which hitch

I have a 2018 Grand Design 303RLS and a 2017 F250 Super Duty short bed. My dealer said it would be no problem to tow with a B&W Companion. Well I shattered the rear window backing in. Now there advice is a Pullrite Super Glide 16K. I was thinking of a Reese Sidewinder. Does anyone have any experience with either?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch. My 337 appears to have the same front profile as a 303 and I've pulled it with both a 2016 F250 and 2017 F350, both short bed crew cabs and using an Andersen hitch. It doesn't even come close to the cab with the kingpin adapter in either position. I currently have the adapter behind the kingpin and have good clearance from the bedrails and cab. I am trying to lower the rear end 1.5 inches.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neon - sorry to hear about the damage but if just the glass you were more fortunate than a few others on the forum who not only took out glass but had other truck metal and/or fiver damage.

As you can see in our signature we have a 16K/2700 Superglide and have used since spring 2014 with our 303. The auto slide design and engineering is simple, has few parts, and top shelf heavy duty with very little maintenance. The hitch is quiet with no banging or clunking......just need to keep the front tension adjuster very snug (easily done.) The feature where the jaw wraps around the pin is unique (I think) and this smart engineering makes for an easy visual check to ensure the jaw is wrapped around the fiver pin and the pull handle "slams" shut with a noticeable clunk when hooking up.

Another thing I did not think about initially but learned is that in more moderate to severe turning, we can tow with our tri-fold hard cover on (even though it sticks up above the bed a few inches) because as slider automatically moves the pin back when turning (the greater the turn the greater it slides back) the underside corner of the fiver stays away from making contact with the cover due to possible and very probable road undulations, dips, un-level issues, etc.

If you search on 2700, superglide, super glide, etc. and other terms, you will find some excellent threads covering this hitch. You can do the same with the companion sidewinder or other terms.

If you need any help, just let us know.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a parallel thread on this topic that you might be interested in https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...recommendation Any fixed position hitch places the pin more-or-less over the rear axle. Although many claim that this is not a problem, there are others like yourself who have found this not to be true. There are many different automatic and manual slider hitches. Any of these will give you more clearance between the 5th wheel and the cab. Of course, with a manual slider (which has additional benefits in my opinion) you do have to remember to throw the handle .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow a 303 with an Andersen Hitch in a 250 SB with no clearance issues.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure that the BW Companion is adjusted to have the head the furthest back from the ball. The instructions show that it can be located up to 7 in. behind the ball. If the dealer did not adjust this correctly it can make a difference in clearance of the cab. I also use an Andersen BTW.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow our 303RLS with a Super Glide #2700/16K. . . had installed in our Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab std bed, worked great, getting ready to move it to the new 3500HD Duramax
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tow with the B&W Companion slider and it works great.......cant you switch to the slider?
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I could use a slider base. Spoke to Robbie at Bill Plemmons RV (my dealer) and they advised The Pullrite Super Slide. Hope me and the dealer can come to a compromise.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Looking towards the Pullrite.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast